Iva agreement

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Operaghost
by Operaghost » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:28 am
Hi.
Im in an Iva.
Last year I lost my job and was advised by Harrington Brooks to take a six month break.
I got my Job back. And then had a review in December 2016.
I made an agreement with my I.P.
(As we have agreed that your payments are to increase to £200 - £85.50 normal payment & £114.50 to Additional income till the end of your iva totalling £2175.50 then you will make a one of payment in june 2018 of £1093.48 and this will clear off the Additional income without having to go to the creditors and asking them for a further extension of your arrangement)
This month October 2017 I had a call from Harrington Brooks team member said they have my new adress as I have moved. And would I Like to make an increase in payments I said no as i have a review in December 2017. And said no more.
As I have an agreement and I have also taken a 2k pay drop a year in pay can they still increase my payments till June 2018 or dose the agreement still cover me. And I pay no more than £200. This is a joint Iva I have with Harrington Brooks and my partner also has taken a 2k pay cut.
Im really starting to stress out. I have contacted Harrington Brooks via email and a practioner and he has just passed me on to the shop floor team/supervisor still waiting for a call from them a week later.
Advice will be appreciated
Paul

Last edited by Operaghost on Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:19 am
Why, pray, are your payments increasing when your income has dropped ? Are they trying to make up the arrears during the break? 6 x 85 = 510 ? If so they are over egging this particular pudding. Normally a payment break is simply tagged on at the end. Or do you have other arrears in the form of undeclared, therefore unpaid, overtime or extra income ?
Operaghost
by Operaghost » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:20 pm
Yeah some was overtime then six months out of work. That did want me to pay 114 till December 2018 but I said I will have it cleared but June 28th 2017 if I can make payments of £200 a month and that was agreed then no more going to the creditors

Foggy wrote:
Why, pray, are your payments increasing when your income has dropped ? Are they trying to make up the arrears during the break? 6 x 85 = 510 ? If so they are over egging this particular pudding. Normally a payment break is simply tagged on at the end. Or do you have other arrears in the form of undeclared, therefore unpaid, overtime or extra income ?
Operaghost
by Operaghost » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:41 pm
Hi.
I have been in an Iva for now six years due to losing my job. So had taken a six month break. Advused by Harrington Brooks. The Iva is now due to Finnish in June 2018.
I made an agreement with my I.P at Harrington Brooks. The agreement is.
As we have agreed that your payments are to increase to £200 - £85.50 normal payment & £114.50 to Additional income till the end of your iva totalling £2175.50 then you will make a one of payment in june 2018 of £1093.48 and this will clear off the Additional income without having to go to the creditors and asking them for a further extension of your arrangement.
I have in the past month moved to a new adress and taken a 2k a year pay drop. But when asked to call Harrington Brooks they said that they have changed my adress and would I make an increase in payments.
I said no as I have a review in December 2017.
My concern is the agreement is £200 to end the Iva in june 2018. Can Harrington Brooks still increase payments. Im starting to stress out. Ive emailed Harrington Brooks a few times and I keep getting we will be in touch or contact the higher I.P and get passed on..
Any help advice will be really appreciated
Paul

luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:17 am
The extension of payments to cover missed payments needs to be addressed in order to fulfill your iva commitments fully.
Can you email Harrington Brooks and set the read receipt option so you know when it is read ? If not write to them and send it registered / recorded delivery so you know its been received.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:08 am
Topics merged.
Operaghost
by Operaghost » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:12 pm
So im paying the last part of my I.V.A
Up for a review in December. Had big pay drop in last year. 2k each my partner too.
Can these people at Harrington Brooks still demand more money. Even though I have a settlement agreement. For June 2018. That hasn't had to go to the creditors. Or will they reduce myour monthly payments up till June 2018. Ive sent a dosen emails lasto week still no onews called me and I.P has just passed me on to a office pen pusher
Who still hasn't contacted me.
Any advice
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:22 pm
Topics merged once again.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”