Iva and windfall

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Worried35
by Worried35 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:19 pm
If i was to be lucky enough to have a windfall, would my bank notify the IP one amy deposits into my bank account which has now been downgraded a standard account?
Worried35
by Worried35 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:20 pm
That should say would my bank notify the IP of any large deposits into my bank account which has now been downgraded to a standard account?
recovering
by recovering » Sun Aug 19, 2018 6:28 am
No but your statements could be looked at during a review. Plus if you don’t tell your IP you could be in breach and fail your IVA.
Worried35
by Worried35 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:18 am
recovering wrote:
No but your statements could be looked at during a review. Plus if you don’t tell your IP you could be in breach and fail your IVA.

Thank you for your response
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 8:27 am
As recovering says, they could see the windfall on your bank statements, which they can ask for at any time, especially at the annual review. These things do have a habit of coming out of the woodwork. Also, if it was fom an inheritance, the executors are duty bound to check and contact your IP before handing over any bequest.
Radish
by Radish » Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:55 am
Its very hard losing a windfall when you have been living frugal whilst on an IVA. It happened to me when I had to have £6k over. Money I never expected. The long term picture is that I had debt freedom at the end of it all. I do think that you should be able to keep some of a windfall - there is a rule with overtime and bonuses so maybe there should be something similar with windfalls? even if for the sake of morale during an IVA?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 12:35 pm
Radish wrote:
Its very hard losing a windfall when you have been living frugal whilst on an IVA. It happened to me when I had to have £6k over. Money I never expected. The long term picture is that I had debt freedom at the end of it all. I do think that you should be able to keep some of a windfall - there is a rule with overtime and bonuses so maybe there should be something similar with windfalls? even if for the sake of morale during an IVA?

There is, Radish, of a sort: If the windfall is less than £500 you get to keep it. I do think that it should be the first £500 of any windfall, but it isn't. I am afraid it means if the windfall is £499 you keep it and if the windfall is £501 you lose the lot.
Worried35
by Worried35 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 2:48 pm
Foggy wrote:
Radish wrote:

There is, Radish, of a sort: If the windfall is less than £500 you get to keep it. I do think that it should be the first £500 of any windfall, but it isn't. I am afraid it means if the windfall is £499 you keep it and if the windfall is £501 you lose the lot.

Thanks, do you know how many bank statement s CF ask for at yearly review?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 3:33 pm
How long have you been in your IVA, Worried ? Some CF clients are requested to give them third party access to online accounting --- have you done this ?
Worried35
by Worried35 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:03 pm
Foggy wrote:
How long have you been in your IVA, Worried ? Some CF clients are requested to give them third party access to online accounting --- have you done this ?

Only started in June, but no haven't been asked to submit anything online, was just adv they would review annualy
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:05 pm
Worried35 wrote:
Foggy wrote:

Only started in June, but no haven't been asked to submit anything online, was just adv they would review annualy

Take care, because they do sometimes ask for access -- you do not have to grant it though.
Worried35
by Worried35 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:32 pm
Does anyone know exactly what CF ask for at the yearly review?
recovering
by recovering » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:36 pm
Worried35 wrote:

It was either 6 or 3 months bank statements
I used to send a copy of my payslip every month as i had uplifts but i ecpect they would want those and or a p60 too
Worried35
by Worried35 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:50 pm
recovering wrote:
Worried35 wrote:

It was either 6 or 3 months bank statements
I used to send a copy of my payslip every month as i had uplifts but i ecpect they would want those and or a p60 too

Thank you for your reply :)
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:53 pm
It is not possible to be definitive .. one year they might ask for 3 months, another year they might decide 6 --- if they are looking for something they could ask for them all !
17 posts Page 1 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”