IVA annual review question

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Smiler95
by Smiler95 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:37 am
When you have an iva and it’s your yearly annual review. Do they just take that months bank statements or do they do it for the full year? I’m in an iva with CF.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:01 am
Hi,

Not sure what CF do - you will need to ask them or hopefully another CF client can advise.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:21 am
It can vary, year by year, even with the same firm. They will ask for what they want .

It is easier to go through the IVA assuming that they will want everything. So keep all payslips in a box file, along with P60 and evidence of any large allowed expenses, if they have increased. That way, whatever they ask for will be easy to find.
recovering
by recovering » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:54 am
They used to ask for 6 months bank statements
rae25
by rae25 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:49 pm
Hi just in process of doing mine , I sent 6 months statements, payslips , P60 and any benefit awards . I received them all back in two days but still waiting for the outcome .
cbdawg
by cbdawg » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:36 pm
I've recently done mine with CF. I was asked for 6 months statements etc. But in my letter I have been advised that I will have to do the electronic banking that I turned down this year and I believe that's the full 12 months.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:21 pm
cbdawg wrote:
I've recently done mine with CF. I was asked for 6 months statements etc. But in my letter I have been advised that I will have to do the electronic banking that I turned down this year and I believe that's the full 12 months.

They cannot force third party access on you -- it wasn't in the terms and conditions when you signed up. You are obliged to comply with reasonable requests and this is not reasonable.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:07 pm
I certainly would not allow access to my accounts.
recovering
by recovering » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:05 am
With all the GDPR going on how do they get away with this? Banks tell you never to share your log in security details with anyone?!!!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:16 am
recovering wrote:
With all the GDPR going on how do they get away with this? Banks tell you never to share your log in security details with anyone?!!!

Third party access rights have recently been accepted by the banks. But, if you grant access to anyone else -- YOU are responsible for any account activity they undertake. In a nutshell, however, CF are simply asking for unrestricted access to your online banking --- what can go wrong ???? (Sarcasm alert!)
recovering
by recovering » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:26 am
I am glad I don’t have to worry about this now but there would have been zero chance of me letting them have access to my bank account
cbdawg
by cbdawg » Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:25 am
And regardless of what they say on each review nor will I.

I don't see how they can implement this, it would be nice if someone from CF actually gave some opinion on why they are so insistent.
recovering
by recovering » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:56 am
cbdawg wrote:
And regardless of what they say on each review nor will I.

I don't see how they can implement this, it would be nice if someone from CF actually gave some opinion on why they are so insistent.

With their communication record I can’t see that happening
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”