Iva approved today but.

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
hanndora1991
by hanndora1991 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:35 pm
Had my Iva approved today with a fantastic company called swift I’m so happy but need some advice.
Before approval I was paying off a fine via equita bailiffs they have a warrant of execution long story short that was included in Iva proposal the creditor being a county council said bailiff who was very fair before has now resorted to threatening me to pay remaining balance or they will execute the warrant and they’re also saying Iva won’t stand unless they can get a ref number ?? Told my ip all of this and she’s been fantastic all I want is clarification they’re bound under the legal protection as Iva has been approved or can they act on their threats?
Thanks
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:49 pm
I assume this is a parking fine or similar, in which case it is included in the IVA and the bailiffs cannot proceed. They do not need a ref number but should contact the IP themselves if they require more information. They are not allowed to harass you.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:54 pm
You should have no problems as Foggy says.
hanndora1991
by hanndora1991 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:58 pm
Thank you just needed to know for peace of mind all this is very new to me I just can’t see why they’d resort to last minute threats when they know they legally don’t have a leg to stand on
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:07 pm
hanndora1991 wrote:
Thank you just needed to know for peace of mind all this is very new to me I just can’t see why they’d resort to last minute threats when they know they legally don’t have a leg to stand on

Possibly because his fee has just gone out of the window.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:41 pm
Congratulations on the approval ..good luck x
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 8:08 pm
Good news on the IVA approval. Keep copies of any communication with the bailiff company. If they turn up on your door step you can call the police as it is then a legal matter not a civil matter, this is the protection afforded you in an IVA by a County Court, the bailiffs know this as well so most times just the threat of you calling the police will send them off.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:39 pm
Unless bailiffs have a court order, they cannot enter your premises.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”