IVA calculations

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

1964alison

Post by 1964alison » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:17 am
Hi, when I do an IVA calculator on this site it shows that I would pay only half of my DI to the IVA however in reality my IP has said I pay all my DI to the IVA. which is correct or does this differ with different companies?

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:18 am
Hi 1964alison - the whole of your DI should go to your IVA so not sure why the calculator is saying different.

Maybe something for the site admin team to look?

Regards,
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:19 am
Unless you know what you are entitled to claim and what the CCCS guidelines are, the IVA calculator will only be an estimate. You need to speak to an IP firm and find out exactly what your surplus would be in an IVA.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

1964alison

Post by 1964alison » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:24 am
Thanks I am already with an IP and all of my DI is being used. However they calculated that I would end up paying more back than I owe after the 60 months. This is probably because some of my debts have less than 5 years to run??? So I am now considering bankruptcy. Just waiting to see what my IP says when she discusses with the proposer. I am worried that I will be forced to do DMP which I really do not want. I would rather bankruptcy. The at least the debt is cleared??

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Aug 19, 2010 11:34 am
If you are going to repay more than you owe debt management may be a better option
for creditors as they would get all their money back. Bankruptcy would also be an option and you would only have to repay a percentage of your DI for three years so you could be better off financially.

No one can force you to do a DMP and the decision is ultimately your own. If you are unsure take another opinion.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”