IVA cancelled

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
chris457
by chris457 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:15 am
I have recently become temporary homeless and haven't been able to keep up with iva payments . Tho now have a certificate of iva cancellation after finding somewhere to live .
Have found payment very tricky even having money, cos of finding suitable acomadation to live. Have now got somewhere to live and have a baby on the way . How can I resolve this without losing everything and more again .
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:35 am
If the IVA has been cancelled there is nothing you can do with that one. You might be able to start a new one, or maybe a different debt solution could be looked at (or even better for you).
I would suggest a chat with a couple of firms ( I prefer smaller to medium firms, where you will be treated with more consideration).
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:54 am
Depending on how much your debt is or whether or not you have any assets and have £50 a month disposable income, you could look at a DRO, but, as Foggy says, you need to speak to someone for advice on all options open to you.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Nov 05, 2018 10:24 am
It sounds like your IVA may have already been terminated.

Is it a notice of breach you have received or a termination certificate?

You really need to check with your IP and see whether it's too late to rescue it.

Bankruptcy may be an option for you to consider.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”