IVA company has changed and they want to charge me more

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
irena
by irena » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:46 pm
Hi, I have paid IVA for 4 years and everything was fine. The supervisor company has changed and they want again to take from me 672 pounds for their service. Is this legal? They also want to increase my payments to 30 pounds. For example I have stated that I spend for cigarettes 150 pounds per month and they give me only 60. But previous supervisors have accepted it before. They also give me 34 pounds for clothes, arguing that in my signed copy of agreement I had agreed to it. In my agreement is told : "If the supervisors considerthat I have more surplus income( after taking into account any reasonable increases in my expedenture)". And more: Right now cigarettes cost twice more right now. they have changed my agreed 222 pounds for food, toilettes and cleaning to 189 pounds.
In addition I have explained to them that I have very serious problems with my teeth, that could not be covered and I have to find the money by myself or I will loose my teeth completely and they do not take it into account.
I have mental disability and I feel that they simply want to take advantage of me using it.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:37 pm
The new firm has to continue with the arrangement as already agreed with the old firm. Your allowances were already agreed and they should not reduce them without good reason. £222 was the maximum for shopping -- they seem to have reduced that to the mid-point guideline, £34 is the maximum guideline figure for clothes.

I would challenge them, by making a formal complaint, which you can then escalate to their regulatory body if need be.
irena
by irena » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:09 pm
Foggy wrote:
The new firm has to continue with the arrangement as already agreed with the old firm. Your allowances were already agreed and they should not reduce them without good reason. £222 was the maximum for shopping -- they seem to have reduced that to the mid-point guideline, £34 is the maximum guideline figure for clothes.

I would challenge them, by making a formal complaint, which you can then escalate to their regulatory body if need be.

Hi Foggy,
thank you very much for your suggestion, please could you explain how can I make the formal complaint and also could you give me the numbers for cigarettes: minimum, mid point and the highest?

irena
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:52 pm
Each firm has its own procedures, which should be on their website. Otherwise write direct to the new IP, by recorded delivery (post not email) keeping copies. To escalate this to their regulatory body you will need to go here: https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner

Smoking does not have its own guideline figure in the StepChange Budget Guidelines I have. Some (Many) IPs give an allowance and the creditors generally agree to a reasonable amount, but some do not !
irena
by irena » Fri Nov 16, 2018 4:02 pm
Thank you, Foggy, very much
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Nov 21, 2018 12:15 pm
Watch my short video here for the complaints procedure:

https://youtu.be/l1wqUbNeW00
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”