IVA company holding my money

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
22 posts Page 2 of 2
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:39 am
So the fee wasn't mentioned anywhere in their engagement letter? Are you sure? This which sounds very odd - that's one of the key points to an engagement letter...

Presumably though they subsequently asked you for the money that you paid to them - what did they say this was for? If it was for a contribution on account then I would think this should be returned to you unless their engagement letter states otherwise.
helen198
by helen198 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:49 am
kallis3 wrote:
I agree with Mrs Brown - if it is the same company I can't see anything to do with personal insolvency - are you in business?

If you live near to where their office is, you could have a chat with Lisa one of our industry experts.

No I’m not in business , I’m a single mom with 4 children who was referred to this company to help pay back my own personal debts. And I live a good few 100 miles away from this firm unfortunately
helen198
by helen198 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:58 am
Lisa Thomas wrote:
So the fee wasn't mentioned anywhere in their engagement letter? Are you sure? This which sounds very odd - that's one of the key points to an engagement letter...

Presumably though they subsequently asked you for the money that you paid to them - what did they say this was for? If it was for a contribution on account then I would think this should be returned to you unless their engagement letter states otherwise.

They told me in the letter of engagement the fees for their services over the 5 years would be £2000.... yes they told me I had to make the payment as a early contribution towards my creditors. There’s nothing about this written in the engagement letter just a date to make the payment.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:00 am
I would certainly speak to some more companies (smaller ones) for advice.

I'd also make a complaint.
helen198
by helen198 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:55 am
kallis3 wrote:
I would certainly speak to some more companies (smaller ones) for advice.

I'd also make a complaint.

*update*
They have finally admitted giving me false information and they are refunding me... I’m so happy!
Thankyou everyone for your help! :D
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:05 am
Good news! Pick a smaller firm now.
helen198
by helen198 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:18 am
kallis3 wrote:
Good news! Pick a smaller firm now.

Yes I’m now in contact with freeman Jones. Who for only talking to for a number of days have helped and done more for me than what castle hill did :)
22 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”