Iva completed but found a CCJ on Credit Report

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
annierose
by annierose » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:50 pm
I have recently completed an on my IVA and had the completion certificate and details now removes from Insolvency register so now looking at repairing credit reports. I know until the IVA the comes off the report at the 6 year point in a few months the score will still be low but I got a basic report through noodle and noticed there is a CCJ active dated a week after the IVA started! I had no idea about this and no details but the amount matches exactly an amount from one of the creditors in the IVA. Is it worth me trying to get all the paperwork together to ask the court to remove it if this is possible or just leave it considering it should drop off my file a few weeks after the IVA in about 7 months time?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:06 pm
I would get in touch and ask where this has come from.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:09 pm
Not entirely certain, but I don't think the CCJ will drop off while marked "Active", being a court order, rather than just a default --- you need to write to the data controller of the creditor involved and see if they can mark it settled, maybe via the court which issued the order.
annierose
by annierose » Sat Nov 04, 2017 2:21 pm
Thanks for the replies, I think just better request the details loft he CCJ from the government register and see if I can get the evidence to have it removed.

From looking on-line it looks like it does get removed from the credit files after 6 years but I would rather have other corrected I think.

By the way thank you for the advice- I have found this forum so helpful over the last 5 years!
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:13 am
Hi Annie,

As you say it should fall off the credit reports 6 years after it is dated. If you are able to contact the Company who registered the CCJ via social media that is often the quickest way to get disputes sorted these days.

Best of luck.
annierose
by annierose » Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:37 am
Thanks Ryan, from looking online it may be really difficult to remove it, would it make a difference removing it rather than just letting it drop off when applying for a mortgage? Will be looking to apply towards end of next year 6 months after IVA and the ccj are off the credit report?
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:57 pm
Hi Annie,

If both the IVA and CCJ are over 6 years old (and therefore should be off the credit reports) we'd be ok to look to get an Agreement in place then, subject to affordability, etc.

Regards
annierose
by annierose » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:17 pm
Thanks Ryan!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”