IVA Completed in 2010.................But

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Karenj2610
by Karenj2610 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:42 pm
Hey there old friends I used to spend days and nights on this fantastic site, under another user name (couldn't log in on old one) anyway after a bit of direction so here goes....
So IVA started in May 2005 I completed it in 2010 with no variations and it was successful. It was a IVA type R3. Completion certificate in hand life has just tootled along until this morning....it was a beautiful start opened mail and I had a letter from my IVA company not putting any names on here. Advising of the Green V Wright case and refunds paid out after IVA completion.
Well in 2014 I did decided to put my toe in the water (4 years after completion) as every one was talking about them I Seriously think PPI refunds what got the British Economy back on its feet. Any way I did receive payments and I have spent them mainly getting the house back to some order after IVA and helped son by a house (small deposit) its was by no means a huge amount of money. During one refund I rang IVA company asking if this was Ok and I was told yes as they had no interest in me anymore.
So today why are they asking......my tummy is turning I feel sick I spent the money as I thought it was mine to spend and will my IVA ever end???
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:22 pm
The timing could be down to the deadline now imposed on PPI claims, which could lead to a rush of claims and they are reminding former clients of their obligations to the IVA trust. Hopefully there is a record of the phone conversation saying they had no interest -- however, this would only apply to that particular refund, which might have been ignored purely based on the amount involved.
karen956
by karen956 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:54 pm
Completed R3 IVA in June 2010 received completion certificate. Have been getting in with my life in 2014 PPI was hitting the headlines and I made 4 successful claims. Spent the money. Home improvements ect. Then today I get a letter from my IVA company (yikes) Green V Wright re PPI refunds. During the time I was claiming I spoke to my contact and she said I was fully entitled to claim. Mainly because one creditor sent it to them and then then sent it to me. Blimey I thought almost 12 years after setting the ball rolling this has now landed back on my four mat can anyone help.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:56 pm
Topics merged.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:56 pm
Was PPI mis selling a known in 2010? I would argue that your IVA was finalised before the IVA companies were instructed to use them as a cash cow to increase the dividend to creditors and was never mentioned until 'that letter' so you were never aware that is was an issue that could leave you in debt again if the IP chose to pursue you for the refunds. Or, it could just be a generic letter that has been sent out to that IP's past and present clients as a reminder and a 'bum' covering exercise.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:20 pm
MerlinL14 wrote:
Was PPI mis selling a known in 2010? I would argue that your IVA was finalised before the IVA companies were instructed to use them as a cash cow to increase the dividend to creditors and was never mentioned until 'that letter' so you were never aware that is was an issue that could leave you in debt again if the IP chose to pursue you for the refunds. Or, it could just be a generic letter that has been sent out to that IP's past and present clients as a reminder and a 'bum' covering exercise.

Good point, Merlin ..... the OP couldn't be expected to be held responsible for something she didn't know about, nor was advised by her IP at the time. Let's face it, even IP's took a few years to cotton on !
Karenj2610
by Karenj2610 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:54 pm
Thank you for your responses. Foggy Kallis Luluj are all still here.
Your right re my knowing how could I have possible known.
Further I had a variation meeting called re equity release or lack of equity in my final year. It concluded I was not to know of property crash in 2010 due to economic crash in 2008. So they concluded my IVA
in final year without and equity. They couldn’t take what I didn’t have.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”