IVA completed in June 2017 still showing on my credit file in 2018

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
karina
by karina » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:09 am
Completed my 5 year IVA June 2017.

Just checked credit file and 2 Santander accounts still show that I have defaulted up until last month owing nearly £4000.
Please help!!
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:45 am
Your file won't be updated until 6 years are up - by then defaults should drop off, if not, then contact agencies with a copy of your completion letter and also get in touch with Santander.
karina
by karina » Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:56 am
:)
kallis3 wrote:
Your file won't be updated until 6 years are up - by then defaults should drop off, if not, then contact agencies with a copy of your completion letter and also get in touch with Santander.

Hi.

Thanks for your reply.

Any other dafaults have already been removed so that's why I was wondering about Santander.

Regards :)
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:06 am
karina
by karina » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:17 am
Foggy wrote:

Thank you very much, interesting reading..

:D
Old Lady
by Old Lady » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:28 am
I completed my IVA in June 2016 (after one year I was fortunate to get a pension I knew nothing about ,so put this in Full and Final settlement) and NONE of the companies I owed bothered to make corrections on Equifax or Experian to say they had been settled. They just took the money and did nothing.

It has taken me nearly two years to them to do it.

So PLEASE PLEASE.check your credit scores.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:10 am
Old Lady wrote:
I completed my IVA in June 2016 (after one year I was fortunate to get a pension I knew nothing about ,so put this in Full and Final settlement) and NONE of the companies I owed bothered to make corrections on Equifax or Experian to say they had been settled. They just took the money and did nothing.

It has taken me nearly two years to them to do it.

So PLEASE PLEASE.check your credit scores.

Hi Old Lady ---- to be honest, it is a waste of time and energy getting accounts marked as settled or partially completed. Any defaults, as long as they are correctly dated, will dissappear after 6 years, however they are marked. While the IVA i sitting there, in all it's glory, your credit worthiness is shot anyway.

But you are correct in that these things do need to be checked, as what should happen doesn't always come to pass.
7 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”