IVA creditor meeting adjourned

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
14 posts Page 1 of 1
roous27
by roous27 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:01 am
My wife got nearly £19,000 unsecured debt with 2x Barclaycard, MBNA , Virgin, Halifax and Lloyds. We both unemployed due for our immigration status. We got 2 child age 5 and 3. We have once £650 per month from NASS support. We don’t pay rent , council tax ,gas and electric bill. My wife made first IVA proposal (£100 p/m) in October 2017 but not accepted by creditors because of creditors throught our income is very low and they believe we will be struggle to carrying IVA. She made another IVA proposal (£85 p/m) with different IP in March 2018 and was creditor meeting on 27th March 2018 but it’s adjourned on 30th March 2018 and don’t know what reasons? We can’t contact with IP because of Easter Bank holiday . My wife was before DMP 3 month than 3 month token payment. We are worrying and thinking we made mistake and did wrong decision for IVA reproposal because of our immigration status. Please give some advice why creditors meeting adjourned and when will get final outcome? Please also remember Halifax and Lloyds transfer debt to Moorcroft and westcot and both debt collection agency informed us they no longer dealing our debt and we need to contact with Halifax and Lloyds.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:09 am
Hi,

Having read your previous posts, I think BR could be an option for your wife or possibly a DRO. £85 a month is very low for an IVA which is possibly why it has been adjourned.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:09 am
The payment is very low for an IVA and I expect the IP is trying to gather "yes" votes, as the creditors will get very little back. I don't know what your immigration status is or your plans, if any, to change this in the future, but I would suggest a chat with your local Citizen's Advice Centre about a DRO (Debt Relief Order) ... but DO check if it will affect your status.
roous27
by roous27 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:19 am
kallis3 wrote:
Hi,

Having read your previous posts, I think BR could be an option for your wife or possibly a DRO. £85 a month is very low for an IVA which is possibly why it has been adjourned.

Hi kallis3 thank for your reply. To be honestly if it’s not accept than we are very happy because once our immigration status change and get work permit than it’s good for us. What’s your best opinion will be outcome from this adjourned? Our IP don’t mention our immigration problem in our proposal but we have informed our immigration and other situation to creditors when we offered them token payment.
roous27
by roous27 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:24 am
Foggy wrote:
The payment is very low for an IVA and I expect the IP is trying to gather "yes" votes, as the creditors will get very little back. I don't know what your immigration status is or your plans, if any, to change this in the future, but I would suggest a chat with your local Citizen's Advice Centre about a DRO (Debt Relief Order) ... but DO check if it will affect your status.

Thank you for your response and kind advice. I am not sure it will effect our immigration status or not but I will check with them. we don’t want to runaway from debt and actually we are trying as much as possible to return them.
roous27
by roous27 » Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:37 am
Creditfix is dealing my wife IVA. We are not happy for their customer service .
roous27
by roous27 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:41 am
Thanks for your reply. To be honestly if it’s not accept than we are very happy because once our immigration status change and get work permit than it’s good for us. What’s your best opinion will be outcome from this adjourned? Our IP don’t mention our immigration problem in our proposal but we have informed our immigration and other situation to creditors when we offered them token payment which is three month ago.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:11 am
I do not know why, but it seems to be normal for Creditfix to adjourn meetings and have to chase votes. Of the cases that have been mentioned on here they seem to get most of them accepted eventually.
roous27
by roous27 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:25 pm
Foggy wrote:
I do not know why, but it seems to be normal for Creditfix to adjourn meetings and have to chase votes. Of the cases that have been mentioned on here they seem to get most of them accepted eventually.

Spoke with Creditfix today advised still no outcome yet and hopefully will receive end of this week.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:07 pm
Fingers crossed! It has been a long Bank Holiday weekend so not many IP companies have been open.
roous27
by roous27 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:35 pm
Spoke with Creditfix creditors meeting adviser today morning and explained our immigration status and request to withdraw IVA application as we are in uncertain situation and took wrong decision to go ahead with IVA. Advisor understood and accepted our request for withdrawal.
We are so depressed last few due for our wrong decision. Always we worried if IVA accepted than not good for us to break at the middle of journey.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:44 pm
So sorry for you. Have you thought about doing a debt management plan in the meantime?
roous27
by roous27 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:39 pm
kallis3 wrote:
So sorry for you. Have you thought about doing a debt management plan in the meantime?

To be honestly we are in token payment last 3 month and we will be carrying till our situation change as we have no work permit because of our immigration status. Only we reliable on national asylum support. We only receiving per week £151 for four person included 2 child. No any other income.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:45 pm
I do hope you get something permanent sorted soon.
14 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”