IVA Early exit loan

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
nicky886
by nicky886 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:06 am
I am in an Iva at present, I have 38 months left and have been offered an early exit loan, my Iva was extended to six years by my creditors, the loan means my payments would go up by £21 a month and be extended by 41 months instead of 38 . Can u offer any advice?
Thanks
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:46 am
For some these loans work. You will end up paying more but the upside is that your financial life will be your own again with no IP looking over your shoulder. If you get a massive pay rise, win the lottery or inherit from Great Aunt Matilda the money will be yours, instead of going into your IVA.

Any PPI refunds from now on will still belong to the IVA and your credit record will not clear up until at least 6 years from the start of the IVA, even if you finish early.

You have to weigh the pros and cons according to all of your own circumstances and feelings.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:25 am
By my calculations it will cost you c£861 go down the secured route option.

As Foggy says you need to weigh up the pros and cons. How likely you are to be left an inheritance or earn extra income etc that may have to be paid over in full or part into the IVA over the next 3 years.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:25 am
Also you will be converting an unsecured debt to a secured debt.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Tue Aug 14, 2018 2:06 pm
Apologies, I hadn't realised Sprout are offering you an unsecured loan, not a secured loan.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”