IVA failure looming

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
70 posts Page 5 of 5

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed May 25, 2011 12:53 pm
Excellent news - glad you got it sorted.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

komakino

Post by komakino » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:19 pm
I hope this is a false alarm...I really do. All the above was sorted and I have 3 separate emails confirming so. So here we are, 3 weeks later and I've received a letter from GT today.

'....I would appreciate if you would contact my IVA Support Team as a matter of urgency...."

no other details given at all.

I hope it's not all been approved repeatedly incorrectly. I've not budgeted at all for it to revert to increased payments again.

Anyone else had a similar letter from GT today/recently? Is it about something else?

Just phoned them up but the out of hours support staff can't help...unsure of why they man the phones to be honest.
Last edited by komakino on Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Judo

Post by Judo » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:44 pm
Hmmm.
Don't have a clue what that could mean komakino.
I would hope it is nothing to do with your earlier problems. As you say, you have the correspondence from them confirming that everything is as it should be. Wouldn't go down to well if they were to renege on that now.
Do you have an annual review due soon?? Could it be to do with that?
Ring them first thing tomorrow. It would be nice if the letters could be worded in such a way that they didn't put the fear of god into their clients wouldn't it.

komakino

Post by komakino » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:48 pm
I do have an annual review every june-ish. I usually receive a letter requesting payslips etc and haven't had one yet this time. I suppose it could have gone missing but in the past I've seen reminder letters stating the full details all over again...not like the extremely cryptic one from today :(

Judo

Post by Judo » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:57 pm
I really don't know what to say komakino. Fingers crossed for you that it is something fairly simple that can be easily sorted.
I know it is easier said than done but there isn't much you can do tonight so try not to let it get to you too much this evening and get straight on the phone to them first thing in the morning.
Let us know what happens won't you.

Vinnie

Post by Vinnie » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:07 pm
We had an I & E request last week and I replied with all the stuff (which was apparently with the drafter and the new payment agreed barring the creditors meeting, at BE in April,) and now they have no info for our variation which in reallity our last payment as far as I am concerned is 4th July.

I forwaarded all the info and the replies from the email and received another I & E form. !!!

Phoned and spoke to someone who confirmed they had received all my stuff but really the info which was with the drafter at BE had not been sent to them, so need to start again with a phone call on 24th June. Its very frustrating. They need to do the variation arrange a creditors meeting and let me know before 4th August. A tall order at this stage, however I am hopeful it will all be fine. Just think GT are duplicating everything from different dept's at the minute.
ITS OVER WE ARE FINALLY DEBT FREE, CERTIFICATE ARRIVED

komakino

Post by komakino » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:23 am
Good news...it was regarding some sort of admin error at GT. There was some direct debit shenanigans late last year and I had to pay via bank transfer for one month. This has been picked up this week (8 months later??) as a missing direct debit payment! Doh.

In any case, the GT person I spoke too this morning had a good look around and found the bank transfer trail...panic over.

I was given an apology and when asked if there was anything else they could help with, for the benefit of all other GT customers, I requested if they could in future please state the nature of the matter on letters. Leaving me to stew all evening without a clue what may be wrong is not ideal.
Last edited by komakino on Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vinnie

Post by Vinnie » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:44 am
Great news, perhaps they are a bit at sixes & sevens at moment due to the takeover, I have found the ones I spoke to fine when I eventually got through so will see what the next couple of weeks brings.
ITS OVER WE ARE FINALLY DEBT FREE, CERTIFICATE ARRIVED

Judo

Post by Judo » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:45 am
That's good news komakino. Panic over!!
Hopefully they will take on board your suggestion to avoid putting clients through this in the future
Glad it's sorted...again! :)

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:26 pm
I'm so glad you have got things sorted at last - hopefully this won't happen again!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk
70 posts Page 5 of 5
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”