IVA Final Payment Accepted but...?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
justinewool
by justinewool » Sun May 27, 2018 6:38 pm
Hi,
My parents had their final payment accepted in February and had sent the cheque. They were told it would take up to 6 months to finalise. They wish to sell their property but can they start the ball rolling now prior to having the certificate so that it cuts the waiting time of finding a buyer?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun May 27, 2018 10:20 pm
Hi,

Make sure the restriction has been removed from the property, otherwise I don't see any problems.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Sun May 27, 2018 11:50 pm
Until the iva certificate is issued in theory they are still bound by the terms of the iva- if it were me I would contact the IP and seek their support for conclusion as it is now hindering the sale of the property. The restriction to sell needs to be lifted at the same time the completion certificate is issued.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:59 am
You can start the ball rolling but do not proceed with a transaction until you have the completion certificate and confirmation that any restriction has been lifted. With the restriction in place, potential purchasers could be scared off and you could have the embarrassment of having to explain the problem ( and the IVA).
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”