IVA has been going on for over 7 years and still not completed

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1

iain200

Post by iain200 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:21 pm
£27432 debt £27432 paid.
Told I had to remortgage and release a further £13000 fees etc and to pay 100p in the pound.
IVA finished March 2018 no contact from company, they have put me in touch with a partner company who have offered remortgage/ secured loan at 67%APR, which I don’t want for obvious reasons, the idea is to get out of debt!!
We offered 10000 final payment (from parents) to be told it will take up to 6 months for a variation and I need to supply income and expenditure pay slips and p60’s and they can’t take payment till this is agreed by creditors.
This as you can guess is causing stress I can’t apply for anything as still in an IVA and my current mortgage rate is 5.7 per cent.
I really want to get my life in order but this is going on and on. Now in 7 years 5 months with no end in sight. Original IVA for 6 years as no equity now different story. Also my IVA company went bust and the new one won’t answer any questions relating to them.
The IVA company have also said fees my rise again currently at £12800 and due for review 10/8
Please help any advice greatly appreciated

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 5:03 pm
"Original IVA for 6 years as no equity now different story."

Was equity formally addressed -- valuation and redemption figures obtained ? What was the outcome ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”