IVA off register

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
12 posts Page 1 of 1

Flavour79

Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:28 pm

Post by Flavour79 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:39 am
Hi

Just wanted to know whether your credit score improves after you come off the register or its only after the 6th anniversary when the defaults come of your credit file?

I have exactly 6 more months to go before I finish paying off in January 2019 and am due to come off the register on the 9th September 2020.

Thanks in advance

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 29233
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:44 am
The score might improve marginally once you are off the register, but not enough to make any real difference. The biggie is when the IVA hits the 6th anniversary and drops off of your credit reference agency files, hopefully along with any associated defaults (as long as they have been dated correctly). Then you will see a big jump, but, it will still be a modest score as you will have a clean record and, therefore, be a bit of an unknown entity. Have a read here: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

kallis3

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 74821
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:02 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by kallis3 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:49 am
Don't forget the three months is from the date you get your completion letter. You might be off before September next year.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Flavour79

Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:28 pm

Post by Flavour79 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:59 am
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:49 amkallis3 wrote:
Don't forget the three months is from the date you get your completion letter. You might be off before September next year.
Hi
Thanks for the reply but am bit confused in your reply as my final IVA payment to my IP is the 20th January 2020. The defaults on my credit file are recorded for the 9th September 2014 so due to me off on the 9th September 2020.

Regards

Flavour79

Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:28 pm

Post by Flavour79 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:04 am
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:44 amFoggy wrote:
The score might improve marginally once you are off the register, but not enough to make any real difference. The biggie is when the IVA hits the 6th anniversary and drops off of your credit reference agency files, hopefully along with any associated defaults (as long as they have been dated correctly). Then you will see a big jump, but, it will still be a modest score as you will have a clean record and, therefore, be a bit of an unknown entity. Have a read here: https://www.iva.co.uk/what-does-an-iva- ... dit-record
Hi

Just checked with Experian and Equifax my credit report and I have realised that
Barclay current accorded is recorded wrongly as 10th October default date instead of 9th September.

Also post office credit card is recorded as 17th September instead of 9th September.

2 other entries have earlier default dates of 2nd September instead of 9th September.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Ryan

User avatar
Industry Expert
Posts: 1078
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:03 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Ryan » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:24 am
With regards to the accounts where the defaults are dated after the IVA start date you just need to contact the Companies concerned, ask to speak to their Data Controller and get them to amend the default date to the IVA start date. The accounts that are dated prior to the IVA start date are fine you don't need to do anything with those.

Regards
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page

Foggy

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 29233
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:14 am
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Foggy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:33 am
Given that the dates are on or about the right time, for the sake of a few weeks I would leave them 'as is', rather than poking a bear that doesn't need to be poked.
Mine were spread over a few weeks around the 6th anniversary and, strangely, they all dropped off when the IVA did (possibly someone at the reference agency thinking ahead).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

Flavour79

Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:28 pm

Post by Flavour79 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:50 am
Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:24 amRyan wrote:
With regards to the accounts where the defaults are dated after the IVA start date you just need to contact the Companies concerned, ask to speak to their Data Controller and get them to amend the default date to the IVA start date. The accounts that are dated prior to the IVA start date are fine you don't need to do anything with those.

Regards
Thanks Ryan. Much appreciated. I called you today but was told you were in a meeting.

Regards

Ryan

User avatar
Industry Expert
Posts: 1078
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:03 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by Ryan » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:01 pm
I believe you spoke to Mike - he's the best point of contact in the Office.

Regards
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page

Flavour79

Posts: 18
Joined: Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:28 pm

Post by Flavour79 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:15 pm
Thanks

kallis3

User avatar
Forum Expert
Posts: 74821
Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 4:02 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Post by kallis3 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:23 pm
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:59 amFlavour79 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 10:49 amkallis3 wrote:
Don't forget the three months is from the date you get your completion letter. You might be off before September next year.
Hi
Thanks for the reply but am bit confused in your reply as my final IVA payment to my IP is the 20th January 2020. The defaults on my credit file are recorded for the 9th September 2014 so due to me off on the 9th September 2020.

Regards
Sorry but your original post said January 2019 so I was a bit confused!
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Tashie08

Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:57 pm

Post by Tashie08 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:35 am
My 6th anniversary was yesterday,
Totally money live credit score was 572 yesterday and 622 this morning
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”