IVA Register

12 posts Page 1 of 1

karen

Post by karen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:19 pm
I must be a bit stupid !!! I had no idea that there was an IVA register that anyone can look at !!!!! I find this quite upsetting I had no idea that happened, the most shocking thing is that it shows your address,is this just one more way of shaming us and why is this neccessary especially for anyone to see. Its spoilt my day I feel quite cross now grrr...........The one good thing is I learn something new everyday (not always something good) but useful nevertheless. Here endeth my rant for today[:(!][:(!]

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:47 pm
Hey Karen I too felt the same way as you. It also gives Date of Birth as well.

Pretty much all you need for ID fraud, so makes me wonder why should I bother shredding my details before binning it. They probably use the logic no one can get credit in our names lol [:D]

But I agree it's wrong this info is available to all. It should be by subscription only and for financial firms and not the general public.
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:35 pm
Just think Karen if you didn't know it was there, so many more don't know either, I stressed when I first saw my name on it but don't think too much about it now. At least it's not widely advertised, I admit it's a bit of a shock seeing your name on there though x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:45 pm
That's true lesley, I did not know until I saw it on here ages ago. I remember searching at the time and finding all my info, I also found my ex-Wife had gone for an IVA this year.

I've just checked the details of the business we ran together (But she was the owner) and she went Bankrupt a few weeks ago!! Not sure why it took so long as the business ceased trading June 2008!!!
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:36 pm
Whilst it is a pain, you can take heart in the fact that not many of the general public know of it's existence.

As to identity fraud - I'd like to see anyone get credit in your name!

What I would suggest, if you are worried about that, is to sign up to a thing called CIFAS once your IVA has finished. It means that you, or anyone else who tried to get credit in your name, would have to jump through a few more hoops before being approved. Costs about £12 a year.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:44 pm
Ive found both mine n my hubbys names n details on there - but the address has not been updated n we moved 18 months ago & the spelling of my first name is wrong too.
I did panic abit to start with - but its not really bothered me since.

As for credit fraud - Fat chance now you fraudsters!

I will be joining a credit check company after my IVA - as now I really do not see the point.
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

TheMatrix

Post by TheMatrix » Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:53 am
Your right about the risk of fraud right now, but someone could be storing this data for trouble down the line.

CIFAS is a excellent idea, and one I will be looking into myself.

As for shredding documents, it is important that you do this, as just having someone's name, address and data of birth is the start. They still need evidence of where they live when they apply for credit in your name so a bank statement or the likes would just be the cherry on top for any fraudster. Who through the register, knows what bin to look in.
We're willing to wipe the slate clean, give you a fresh start. All that we're asking in return is your cooperation.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:21 pm
I shred everything.

CIFAS is good though - worked for me after my card details were used.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

Shining

Post by Shining » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:22 am
fantastic news Helen, it will bring closure and that's what I'm looking for with mine xx
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:07 pm
That's good news Helen.
Bob Marley.

animaleyes76

Post by animaleyes76 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:36 pm
I have to say that my address is still as it was 4 years ago and i've moved at least four times since then..

At least i don't get the "You might have been mis-sold an IVA" malarkey.. Funny thing is there were 3 of us at that address that all did IVAs...

There must be a paper mountain by now!

Declan at DebtFreeDirect

Post by Declan at DebtFreeDirect » Mon Sep 06, 2010 4:45 pm
Ive been called many things but never a birdie! Thank you Helen!
Declan Murray
Debt Advisor
Debt Free Direct - the UK's largest IVA provider.
http://www.debtfreedirect.co.uk/iva/
12 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “friends corner”