IVA review

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Shell221
by Shell221 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:55 pm
My Iva was managed by harrington brooks and now freeman Jones. My review was due today but I haven't had any correspondence from them at all. I called freeman Jones in July saying I normally have the documents through by now and I was told they would arrive soon, quite abruptly by the agent. I have forgotten about this until today when I looked at my documentation. This will be my 3rd year and I have had no issues or missed payments but I'm concerned that the review hasn't been completed and I haven't provided any details. Will my IVA be cancelled on me and what responsibility lies with Harrington brooks/freeman Jones as I pay them to manage this for me, I'm assuming with costs they have added to the IVA
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:09 pm
They have until 2 months past the anniversary date to complete the review -- but I would keep hounding them and keep copies. Although it is their duty to supervise the arrangement it is your IVA, not their's . Should anything hit the proverbial fan later on, at least you can demonstrate that you tried.
Sally1966
by Sally1966 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 4:33 pm
Hi I was also with Harrington brooks transferred to Freeman jones my Iva concluded in June I had and e mail stating that I’d made all my payments and they would conduct the final review and start the closure period, could take up to 6 months . They then kept sending me e mails to say set up my dd to make payments which I don’t have any to make . Last week I get my chairman’s report they have conducted my review without any payslips etc . The report says I’ve paid 71p in the pound also that I’ve paid in £634 too much but also have 2 months arrears at £187 which I don’t understand as my Iva finished in June it states I haven’t earned any extra money and my payment hasn’t increased. I’ve tried calling but no one ever answers and I’ve e mailed several times , again no one answers . So I’m totally confused.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:39 pm
Hopefully rep will pick up next week.
Freeman Jones
Industry Expert
Contact
by Freeman Jones » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:12 am
Sally1966 wrote:
Hi I was also with Harrington brooks transferred to Freeman jones my Iva concluded in June I had and e mail stating that I’d made all my payments and they would conduct the final review and start the closure period, could take up to 6 months . They then kept sending me e mails to say set up my dd to make payments which I don’t have any to make . Last week I get my chairman’s report they have conducted my review without any payslips etc . The report says I’ve paid 71p in the pound also that I’ve paid in £634 too much but also have 2 months arrears at £187 which I don’t understand as my Iva finished in June it states I haven’t earned any extra money and my payment hasn’t increased. I’ve tried calling but no one ever answers and I’ve e mailed several times , again no one answers . So I’m totally confused.

Hi Sally1996,

Thanks for the post. I am one of the team here at Freeman Jones.

I am sorry that you've had mixed messages from us over the past few weeks, and I certainly wouldn't blame you for being confused! I am not sure why you've had trouble getting through on the phone or by email - you should have received a number of emails or letters from us with the correct contact details for Freeman Jones.

I can arrange for one of the team to contact you and clear up these issues for you. Please drop me an email to ian.williams:freemanjones.co.uk.

I hope that helps,

Ian
Freeman Jones
Industry Expert
Contact
by Freeman Jones » Wed Aug 29, 2018 8:23 am
Shell221 wrote:
My Iva was managed by harrington brooks and now freeman Jones. My review was due today but I haven't had any correspondence from them at all. I called freeman Jones in July saying I normally have the documents through by now and I was told they would arrive soon, quite abruptly by the agent. I have forgotten about this until today when I looked at my documentation. This will be my 3rd year and I have had no issues or missed payments but I'm concerned that the review hasn't been completed and I haven't provided any details. Will my IVA be cancelled on me and what responsibility lies with Harrington brooks/freeman Jones as I pay them to manage this for me, I'm assuming with costs they have added to the IVA

Hi Shell221,

I am one of the team here at Freeman Jones.

Please don't worry! There is no question of your IVA being cancelled. Our Annual Review process is a little simpler than the old Harrington Brooks one. Generally, if your income and expenditure hasn't changed and everything is up to date we don't need to speak to you. We'll complete your Annual Report and send it out to you and your creditors within two months of the due date.

Please do contact me or the Relationship Manager team if you have any further questions about your annual - or anything else about your IVA.

Ian
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”