IVA Road Day 1

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
15 posts Page 1 of 1

running_woodchucks

Post by running_woodchucks » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:04 pm
Hello,

I'm Mike, yesterday I took the first steps in dealing with my debt nightmare, having written it all down it totals a tad of 39k.
I called CCCS and they advised IVA most suited due to having a mortgaged property. Having read a lot of this and MSE I decided to contact an IP directly and went for Melanie Giles.
I spoke with them yesterday and boy what a relief, non judgemental, knowledgeable and very open & honest.
Today I have officially started on the road to an IVA - Its going to be a very long & at times a difficult ride.

Mike

nepensioner

Post by nepensioner » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:09 pm
Hi Mike

Welcome to the forum. You have come to the right place to get invaluable advice and moral support from people who have also had the courage to face up to their debts. I am a couple of weeks ahead of you and find the support here amazing. You have already taken the hardest step, do let us know how you are getting on on your journey..good luck
F & F Accepted 19th Oct 2010

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:14 pm
Hi Mike and welcome to the Forum.
Good luck with your proposal and you are in the safest of hands.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

ontheroad

Post by ontheroad » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:25 pm
Hi Mike and welcome to the forum, well done in taking the first steps to sorting out your debts, if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask on this wonderful forum as there is always plenty of people on here with advise and support, we had our iva approved in January this year and this site was a godsend, good luck on your journey and you have chosen a superb ip to deal with your iva.

Sinking Fast

Post by Sinking Fast » Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:38 pm
Mike,

Welcome to the forum. You have chosen a good IP in MG, which is the one we chose when we decided to go down the IVA route.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have in relation to IVA, BR etc.

A number of professional post on this forum including Melanie Giles.

Gd luck.

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:32 pm
You will no doubt already feel the weight of debt starting to ease Mike. Making that initial call is always hard but the feeling afterwards is fantastic,just to get it off your chest!!

Use the forum to ask as many questions as you like,come on for a moan or a panic when the washing machine breaks down. We are all here for each other.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Cath

Post by Cath » Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:45 pm
You have chosen a great firm....you won't look back, just forward.
7 year IVA completed in December 2016 - there is light at the end of that tunnel

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Aug 27, 2010 10:53 pm
Welcome from me as well.

You have chosen an excellent firm and Mel's firm do post on here as well.

We're always here as well for any advice and support you may need.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Aug 28, 2010 6:00 am
Hi Mike, welcome to the forum and you've taken the biggest step so well done on that. You've also chosen one of the best in the industry and I'm with Melanie so can confirm their professionalism and non-judgemental attitude towards their clients.

Why not start a blog in respect of your IVA journey? x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Struzzo39

Post by Struzzo39 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:41 am
Good luck on your journey, your in safe hands
Steven & Debbie

running_woodchucks

Post by running_woodchucks » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:37 am
Thanks Everyone, the kind words are very much appreciated, next step is to gather the paperwork and send out and see what happens.
Its very comforting to hear positive words about MG, its nice to feel that my initial good feeling seems to be correct.

Thx
Mike

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:14 am
A good feeling is what you should have when you have selected an IP to work with. Too many people go with the 1st lifeline they are given and perhaps dont ask as many questions as they should only to regret it later.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:17 pm
I'm confident in saying you've made the right choice with Mel and her team, she is a lovely lady and if you can ever get to one of our Frugal Friends meeting she is mostly there and you'll meet her in preson. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

phil732

Post by phil732 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:47 pm
so true Helen, this forum is like family to me, no-one judges and we are all in similar situations, I will always continue to visit, Btw read your blog I was amazed at what I read you are a real fighter and I admire you. Phil x

lukeofyorkshire

Post by lukeofyorkshire » Sun Aug 29, 2010 9:15 am
Hi Mike a big welcome and good luck in the process.

You have made a good choice in IP and I'm sure like me it felt like a weight off your shoulders to finally address your debt.

Look forward to hearing more from you.
1st payment Oct 2008, last payment Dec 2013. Certificate received March 2015 due to PPI claim.
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”