IVA settled in 2013, looking for possible mortgages for a new home. Possible?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Brian.d
by Brian.d » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:50 am
Hi Guys
I paid as a full and final payment a lump sum to settle my IVA June 2013.
I am debt free, and during the 54 months I have accumulated well over £1.m cash.
I am now looking to see which possible Mortgages are available to me as I would like to purchase a new home.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:52 am
Hi Brian ... same answer as was given in November 2015 applies :-) : a-one-off-lump-payment-cleared-iva-may-2014-now-looking-for-buy-to-let-mortgage-t74527#p696270

Ryan and Shauns details can be found via this page: memberlist.php?mode=team They are towards the bottom of the list in yellow.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:26 am
I am wondering why you want a mortgage if you have that much cash at your disposable?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:55 am
kallis3 wrote:
I am wondering why you want a mortgage if you have that much cash at your disposable?

Depends on location --- central London, that's a 2 up, 2 down in some streets ! Here it's a street !
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:08 pm
Hi Brian, what a good position to be in! Given the brief information here I suspect it's highly possible, although it really does depend on how much you want to borrow and various other factors (which will also determine just how good a rate it is possible to achieve).
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”