IVA still on credit file

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

Louisa

Post by Louisa » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:08 am
Hi,

I entered into an IVA back in 2007 and after a year and a half of paying was made redundant. A few months after that the insolvency practitioner closed/liquidated and my debts were sent back to my creditors and I’ve been paying them directly since.

While trying to clear up my credit I realised that the IVA is still registered as active on my credit report even after 10 years.

I’m wondering how I go about getting my name removed from the IVA please? I contacted a helpline which requested (5.34) closure documents but I don’t have this. The only letter I received from the practitioner stated they were closing and my debts had been sent back and to contact my creditors.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:31 am
Do you still have that letter ? Who was your former IP / firm ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

Louisa

Post by Louisa » Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:04 am
It’ll take some searching but I can probably find it. It was Neville eckley

Insolvency Service might act on that letter -- worth a try. Do you remember the name of the IP ( Or is that his name?) --- they might be practising elsewhere and still contactable ?

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:12 pm
Neville Eckley have had a messy past ... sold to Debt.co.uk in 2006 who changed to Investegate / Relax in 2008. Neville Eckley cases were taken on by Synergi in 2007, who were wound up in 2015 and cases taken on by Cleardebt --- who, in turn, transferred cases to Aperture !

Looking at the messy time line, Synergi might have had a hand and, it seems, but it seems two of the former IPs with Synergi are still practising: Paul Gordon- Saker and Saswati Watts.

Do either of those names ring a bell ?
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

Louisa

Post by Louisa » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:14 pm
I’ve heard about their past but none of those you mentioned sound familiar.

The IVA registrar did indeed confirm that the company had closed down but needed one of these

Covering letter – making reference to Rule 8.31 or 5.34 - Mandatory
Certificate of Compliance of Completion/Failure Rule 5.34/8.31 - Mandatory
Copy of Report to Creditors - Mandatory
A breakdown of Receipts & Payments – Mandatory

Which I’m struggling to get.

So I basically need to find that letter.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”