IVA sure to fail????

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
15 posts Page 1 of 1

sick of it all

Post by sick of it all » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:11 pm
Hi Declan

Im worried sick that my IVA is going to fail and they are going to file me for bankruptcy. This being that due to car problems (which I need for work) and vet bills I have only made 5 payments of my iVA in 10 months. Im at my wits end and can barely sleep. I need your advice as to what will happen when I phone DFD??????
P Williams

sick of it all

Post by sick of it all » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:21 pm
Thanks Helen

Much appreciated. No need to apologise for jumping in, I need all the advice I can get at the moment xx
P Williams

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:27 pm
I hope you can resolve something with DFD, we can keept this bumped up for Declan to comment on tomorrow x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

sick of it all

Post by sick of it all » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:27 pm
I most certainly will do, when I finally pluck up the courage, hopefully today!!! xx[:(]
P Williams

sick of it all

Post by sick of it all » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:28 pm
Thanks Lesley, Here's hopin I can resolve something xx
P Williams

Shining

Post by Shining » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:31 pm
I'm sure Declan will do his best for you x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:54 pm
Hopefully Declan will pick up on this tomorrow.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

sick of it all

Post by sick of it all » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:43 pm
Also, when I do contact DFD, is it a good idea to mention that I am awaiting maintenance payments from my ex husband which the csa are currently trying to get off him. He owes me a few grand altogether. Will this maybe go in my favour of keeping the IVA alive even tho im struggling at the moment???? Thanks guys xx
P Williams

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:48 pm
Whilst Declan does an excellent job on the forum, I am sure he would rather you spoke to your dedicated case manager first - as they know the facts of your case and may be able to provide assistance straight away.

The fact that you are owed money from your ex-husband may well be helpful, especially if there is real chance that he may pay up soon.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

sick of it all

Post by sick of it all » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:22 am
Hi everyone

Ive plucked up the courage to call DFD and they have recuced my payments for me for the next 3 months to £100 to help me get back on my feet. They will then review again in Dec.

PHEEWWWWW xx
P Williams

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:24 am
Excellent news - a bit of breathing space.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Declan at DebtFreeDirect

Post by Declan at DebtFreeDirect » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:50 am
Hi
Sorry I didn’t pick this up earlier. I got your email this morning and am happy this has been resolved for you. I will keep a close eye on your case for you and should any further queries arise and if you have any questions regarding the maintenance payments, dont hesitate to let me know.

Thanks
Declan Murray
Debt Advisor
Debt Free Direct - the UK's largest IVA provider.
http://www.debtfreedirect.co.uk/iva/

Tina Shortland

Post by Tina Shortland » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:58 am
This is good news sickofitall - hope things now start to settle down for you.

regards,
Regards, Tina Shortland, Debt Advisory Manager for Melanie Giles at Debt Advice TV.

If you’re looking for effective debt related information, articles and news, then go now to our on-line advice service at www.debtadvicetv.com

If you’re ready to ask us for specific advice or help, then get in touch at www.call-me.debtadvicetv.com so you can start to free yourself from the stress and anxiety of overwhelming debt.

sick of it all

Post by sick of it all » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:31 pm
Thanks for all your support guys,

The annoying part of all this is that if my ex husband gave me what he owes me in maintenance payments, I wouldn't owe anything!!!!!! Let's hope I hear something soon from the csa. xx
P Williams

cathrine.ll

Post by cathrine.ll » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:38 am
If you are struggling with the CSA and child support payments, I would recommend you contact your constituency MP. Your MP can write and ask for details about your case and what steps the CSA is taking to ensure you receive any money as well as arrears. The CSA is OBLIGED to respond to letters from MPs and give a full explanation of your case.

Hopefully this will result in a speedy response and you will get the money you are entitled to
15 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”