IVA transferred from Knightsbridge to Creditfix

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
willo
by willo » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:38 pm
My wife and I are 4 years into an via originally with Knightsbridge and now taken over by creditfix. They sent me a letter of virtual meeting were they tried changing 5 supervisor arrangements. 1 was for increase in remuneration to 23% of realisation. It was rejected.which meant the variations any clause providing for minimum dividend not applying was also rejected. Advised from creditfix that there is no change to arrangement and that their is no impact on contributions originally agreed to. Just wanted to ask if this is right and if anyone has had similar dealings. I'm no layman just confused. It sounds like creditfix have tried charging extra for taking case over and basically the creditors have said original charges stand so get stuffed politely
recovering
by recovering » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:03 pm
I was transferred sbout halfway through my IVA to Creditfix, they tried the same with a lot of us and we refused. Kept the same T&C’s and it never had any repercussions. Make sure you challenge anything you think is incorrect or a change from your original agreement. They always backed down after challenging
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:40 pm
Just check your original paperwork and do not agree to anything you are not happy with.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:57 pm
The end of your post sums it up nicely Willo. CT often try this move and sometimes sneak in other little changes. You are not obliged to agree to any change to the original conditions and it is, in my opinion, wrong for CF, or, indeed, any other firm, to try to make changes without your consent. CF would probably excuse themselves by stating that the proposed changes were to fees only and would not affect you ---- well -- that is an erroneous assumption. If you were to find yourself in a position to settle the IVA (proceeds from an inheritance or lottery win for instance) it would be costing you around 8% more to do so!

That apart the IVA is an agreement between you and your creditors. It is not the place of the IP to attempt to renegotiate terms.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”