IVA with Freeman Jones

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
annmarie
by annmarie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:59 am
We have had an IVA since 2012 and have had numerous issues with Freeman Jones in the last few years, almost too many to mention! However, will do my best.
When I called to establish what the balance on our account was I was told that we had nothing outstanding, I was then called a few days later and advised we had in the region of £2000 outstanding. We weren’t given a detailed explanation of where this amount had come from and why we now suddenly owed more money- this was after payments being increased a couple of years ago to cover an alleged shortfall. Does anyone actually monitor the account? All of the wage slips etc have been provided in a timely manner so there is no excuse for this.
We have been told now we owe £650 after me contesting the amount of £2000 as the company have been taking into an account my Disability Living Allowance which stopped at the end of 2016 and they were informed of this change both with a copy of the letter and on the telephone.
We were advised this amount has come from 2015 but why wasn’t this issue raised at the time when all the documents were provided? How was the IVA able to proceed if the documents allegedly hadn’t been provided, which I believe they had received or surely the annual review would not have been able to have been completed fully and accurately. We know the paperwork had been received as it was returned to us with a compliment slip so it has obviously been replaced or ignored in the office.
I have requested multiple times to speak to the IP directly and I have been told this is not possible? No idea why when everybody else I have spoken to has told me something different, different amounts, different timescales etc. It’s like nobody really has a clue what is going on or what needs to be done to arrive at accurate figures. We have also requested to have one designated money manager and that hasn’t happened either.
The income and expenditure amounts have been wrong on many occasions, and not corrected when no
annmarie
by annmarie » Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:22 am
We have had an IVA since 2012 and have had numerous issues with Freeman Jones in the last few years, almost too many to mention! However, will do my best.
When I called to establish what the balance on our account was I was told that we had nothing outstanding, I was then called a few days later and advised we had in the region of £2000 outstanding. We weren’t given a detailed explanation of where this amount had come from and why we now suddenly owed more money- this was after payments being increased a couple of years ago to cover an alleged shortfall. Does anyone actually monitor the account? All of the wage slips etc have been provided in a timely manner so there is no excuse for this.
We have been told now we owe £650 after me contesting the amount of £2000 as the company have been taking into an account my Disability Living Allowance which stopped at the end of 2016 and they were informed of this change both with a copy of the letter and on the telephone.
We were advised this amount has come from 2015 but why wasn’t this issue raised at the time when all the documents were provided? How was the IVA able to proceed if the documents allegedly hadn’t been provided, which I believe they had received or surely the annual review would not have been able to have been completed fully and accurately. We know the paperwork had been received as it was returned to us with a compliment slip so it has obviously been replaced or ignored in the office.
I have requested multiple times to speak to the IP directly and I have been told this is not possible? No idea why when everybody else I have spoken to has told me something different, different amounts, different timescales etc. It’s like nobody really has a clue what is going on or what needs to be done to arrive at accurate figures. We have also requested to have one designated money manager and that hasn’t happened either.
The income and expenditure amounts have been wrong on many occasions, and not corrected when notified of changes. My son was born in 2013 and he wasn’t even accounted for. We have not been allowed extra housekeeping money to allow for my son either and we still have the amount set for 2 adults. We also haven’t had any “luxury” budget during all of this time, so really unsure as how to how we can owe more money when technically we haven’t actually been allowed the correct amounts for a family for nearly 5 years.
With regards to the final year we were told as unable to remortgage the payments would be extended for 12 months. The payments started in May this year and it won’t end until July 2019 by my calculations this is longer than 12 months, but was extended without explanation. We were also told as well as the term being extended the payment would also increase from the £275 per month we were advised to £291 as an advisor had calculated the amount incorrectly.
We would really like our account to be reviewed to establish what has happened here and where we stand. This whole experience has been so much more stressful than it should be due to the lack of transparency shown by Freeman Jones and I would really like to get this resolved fully with someone and want an agreement of terms provided for what is remaining of the IVA so this cannot happen again.

annmarie wrote:
advised
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:36 pm
You need to put these concerns in writing to them (by registered post) and ask for a written explanation.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jun 14, 2018 3:14 pm
As Lisa suggests, write direct to the IP by snail mail, recorded, in the form of a formal complaint, asking for a full explanation of where they get their figures from (you could also ask why they continiually mis-calculate said figures). Give them, say, 28 days to respond and then escalate the complaint to their regulatory body.
Freeman Jones
Industry Expert
Contact
by Freeman Jones » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:01 pm
Hi Annemarie,

I am a member of the team here at Freeman Jones. I was sorry to read of your concerns. We'd certainly like to address them for you. I am not sure if we will be able to identify you by the details in your post alone, so please do get in touch so we can investigate and respond to you directly.

Thank you,

Ian
Freeman Jones
Industry Expert
Contact
by Freeman Jones » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:12 pm
Hi Annemarie

I understand that you've spoken to my colleague Pete this afternoon. I believe that he's addressed your frustrations and concerns to your satisfaction. Please do let us know if we can do any more to help. Thank you, Ian
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”