IVA with Harrington Brooks

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
jabulisa
by jabulisa » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:29 pm
I had an IVA with Harrington Brooks and this was paid up two years back, is it possible that l was charged PPI over the years l had this in place?
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:31 pm
Hi,

If you did and you claimed it would be owed to your creditors as it is classed as and asset.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:14 pm
An IP would rarely offer a product that included PPI, although I believe some used to offer a policy to cover IVA payments (whether that had PPI built in, only they can tell you).
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:33 pm
If you are posing this question with the hope of getting some PPI refund if you now claim, then I am afraid you would see non of it. All PPI refunds are payable to your IVA supervisor if you were in or are in an IVA. If you do proceed down this route be aware that if you use a claims company you will be responsible for their fees as your supervisor will not allow them a cut no matter what the agreement was with you, this could throw you back into debt.
Freeman Jones
Industry Expert
Contact
by Freeman Jones » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:12 am
Hi Jabulisa, thanks for the post.

I am part of the team at Freeman Jones, we purchased Harrington Brooks' IVAs earlier this year. I can confirm that there was no payment insurance element in your IVA. Hope that helps, Ian
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”