I've been waiting my completion certificate since August 2017 I'm at my wits end

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Kazza2020
by Kazza2020 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:01 pm
Can anyone give me some advice please I've been waiting my completion certificate since August 2017 I'm at my wits end I just keep being told I would receive it in a specific time scale and it never arrives..I'm an emotional wreck has I have to give up work due to health I've been battling cancer not once but twice but have carried on working due to being in an Iva, it's got to the point now I can't carry on and the only way to do this is to be able to sell my house and buy a small flat something I can afford but my Iva company just won't pass on my completion certificate to be able to do this I really am at my wits end and need some advice on what I should do
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:08 pm
The only thing you can really do is make a formal complaint and then escalate this to their regulators. Unfortunately I doubt this will speed things along. There are a coule of firms currently who seem unable to produce certificated in an acceptable timescale, due to staffing problems and being over loaded and under resourced.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:39 pm
Agree with Foggy - make a complaint.

Which company is it?
Kazza2020
by Kazza2020 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:39 am
kallis3 wrote:
Agree with Foggy - make a complaint.

Which company is it?

Hi and thanks for the reply the company is Apature but originally we were with DFD. When DFD passed their Iva accounts over to aperture ours was actually in the closing stage and I was told it would not effect the closure of our iva,I've constantly been told that we would be issued our certificate within a certain time usually been told within 2 weeks but like I've said nothing appears hence I contract them to be told the same thing again, I've now been told yet again it will be dealt with with priority and we will receive our certificate within a 2-3 week time scale off course I'm very anxious about this given the fact this is not the first time this as been said. Can I ask how I go about making a complaint? Also how do I find out who my IP supervisor is because of the change in company I believe my IP will not be the same person as with DFD..Many thanks once again for any advice it's much apprecited
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:33 am
Firstly, check the Insolvency Register - it should have your IP's name on there. If it is still the old one, check out Aperture website - you should find all details on there.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:51 am
Some firms take up to 6 months to issue a CC so I suggest you put your reasons as to the stress this is causing and adverse affect on your health, in writing (by recorded post) and ask them to prioritise closing your IVA.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:51 am
Actually I guess your 6 months has passed so make sure you include in the letter that it's a formal complaint and then follow up here if not sorted:

https://www.gov.uk/complain-about-insol ... actitioner
Kazza2020
by Kazza2020 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:32 pm
Again thank you for the recent advice
Well today I have again spoken to Aperture for a closure update and with the view to making a complaint and actually spoke to someone that spoke to me and not at me and made me feel like a person, anyway I've been given an update of the closure and told all admin work has been done on the closure and sent to Treasury to bring balance to zero and produce our final report. Is this good news? Does this mean we are at the end of all this?? I also asked for this to be confirmed via email of which it was

Again thank you
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:55 pm
Hang on to that email address -- you have found that "someone" who does what they say they will do ! Hopefully you won't need it and things will now progress.
Kazza2020
by Kazza2020 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:10 pm
Thank you Foggy I most certainly will keep hold of email, so have what I've been told todayi sound and look like the end is near ?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:25 pm
Kazza2020 wrote:
Thank you Foggy I most certainly will keep hold of email, so have what I've been told todayi sound and look like the end is near ?

Nearer,certainly :-)
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”