Jefferson Hobbs - do they ever give up?!!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
32 posts Page 1 of 3

MP1965

Post by MP1965 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:57 pm
Hi all

IVA completed well over a year so all trace gone from IR & CRF, but today I get a call from Jefferson Hobbs...

They noticed my IVA finished last year & they have some good news for me, they can claim PPI back for me!

I politely told them I was not interested in their services & asked that they remove me from their records. They did contact me at the sart of my IVA in 2004 with the usual mis-sold IVA rubbish & I asked them not to contact me again then!

I have no intention of claiming any PPI as a large chunk of my debt was written off in the IVA, but I'm appalled that these clowns have the cheek to ring people well after the finish of an IVA!! [:(!]
** IVA Completed **

Michael Peoples

Industry Expert
Post by Michael Peoples » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:31 pm
It is a disgrace that people like you cannot be left alone. The sooner the IVA register becomes private or can only be accessed for a fee the better.
Michael Peoples | McCambridge Duffy Insolvency Practitioners
http://www.mccambridgeduffy.com
If you would like to talk to me about proposing an IVA or have any questions at all please visit www.mccambridgeduffy.com

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:36 pm
Hubby has been discharged from BR since last November and today he had a letter from Jefferson Hobbs, saying "thank you for your recent communication regarding compensation" then asking him to contact them.

I will be phoning them on the weekend and lets see what story they spin and their reaction when I give them what for in reply! [:D]

Shining

Post by Shining » Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:29 pm
That register should be a private document on a need to know basis only, we're all having our privacy intruded one way or another x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:27 pm
Try reporting them to the OFT - who are very interested in these type of firms at the moment.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:41 pm
I would love to be a fly on the wall when you make that call Julie!

It is about time something was done about the register.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

Post by 31101932 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:44 pm
I do not think that a fee would put these companies off accessing the register; they only need a few customers for any reasonable fee to be covered and more.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:48 pm
I quite agree.
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.

UpToMyNeck

Post by UpToMyNeck » Fri Aug 13, 2010 6:49 am
I had a letter off this company recently as well, saying something like I hadnt responded to their previous letter (there hadnt been one!!), and can I please contact them as a matter of urgency about the outstanding legal proceedings against me! It made my heart miss a bit at first, as I wondered whether something had happened that I wasnt aware of, but when i googled the company, I realised what they were up to. I cant believe a company think they can get away with writing to people trying to scare them into ringing them, so they can then get to their real agenda. Their letter contained complete lies. There had been no first letter, and there are no outstanding legal proceedings against me, they were just trying it on.
Non sibi sed omnibus

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:27 am
That is a total disgrace!

You were savvy enough to check them out - a lot of people wouldn't and may well be taken in by the sales patter.

I agree with Mel that perhaps people should try to report this company.
Bob Marley.

Julie

Post by Julie » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:00 pm
Oh I'll definitely report them, I just want to hear what they have to say first. Hubby will give the usual " my wife has permission to discuss my finances" and then I'll take over [:D]

I knew what they were about as soon as I saw the letter - really annoyed as hubby's details are not on the register anymore and these people have no right to pretend we have contacted them!

Shining

Post by Shining » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:26 pm
Let us know how it goes Julie, I like a challenge and enjoy making them acknowledge my letter and assure me it won't happen again, to date it hasn't for me but the file is still open!
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:20 am
Julie - if you have an Iphone in the house try taping the conversation. I had cause to do this recently when speaking to a creditor on a difficult case, and saving that data can be very sensible if you ever need to make a complaint.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:30 am
iphone?? Mel, we're still in the age of a "walkman" in this house [:D]

On a serious note, I will try and tape the call -be interesting to see what they have to say.

Shining

Post by Shining » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:58 am
http://www.ofcom.org.uk/static/archive/ ... rvfaq3.htm

We have to observe this at College so might be worth a read Julie.
32 posts Page 1 of 3
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”