Joint loan

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
mccandrew67
by mccandrew67 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:44 pm
Currently on a iva already missed one payment IP informed probably miss December month to if I don't act fast head in bits basically and foolishly did not give debt of joint loan with partner of a loan was agreed that partner would pay loan and was left out of iva due to unforseen circumstances I paid the this monthly loan £537 how do I get this sorted can I take half of debt over to my iva and partner pays her half such a mess feels like im gunna explode
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:55 pm
The whole debt has to be included in the IVA and they will get a dividend. However, as it is a joint loan, your partner will also have to continue paying the full monthly payment on the loan until it is paid off, unless she can come to some agreement with the loan company.
I am worried that this, along with the other slip ups long the way and missed payments, might derail your IVA and it might be failed. You really need to get your head together and have a frank s=and honest chat with your IP to try to sort things out once and for all -- if the IVA is going to fail it is better it fails now, before you lose too many payments.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:26 pm
Hi,

I think you need to speak to someone asap, as Foggy says. You seem to be in a bit of bother.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”