Just an update - savings accts and me!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1

missy80

Post by missy80 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:11 pm
I was asking the other day whether I could get a savings account and whether the co-op (who I have a cashminder acct with) in particular would give me one. Well, I just checked my online banking and they have. It's made my day (it's all relative right!)

Also, an update on my mental state! (I was close to breaking point at the weekend, almost totally lost it) I have spent the day being terrified of picking up the phone and then answering and finding it was totally non-money related! Still, actually not getting phone calls really bother me, it makes me feel like they are about to send the boys round.

Another day over anyway and Melanie said she would call on Friday or the weekend for an update so I'm looking forward to that. Also managing to get together a "just in case" fund towards BR if that turns out to be my end result. Calling in A LOT of favours!

No need to reply, just helps me to get it all off my chest

Mxx

bigtrouble

Post by bigtrouble » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:35 pm
Hi,

I know what you're going through with the phone - I haven't answered ours for weeks unless I have call filtered it through answer phone - I haven't spoken to one creditor such was my dread of what they might say (husband took a few phone calls - he is in sales so he takes people being rude to him in his stride, although, all were actually polite in the end). Then, just before our IVA was approved it all went silent, I think because we made token payments and wrote a letter to all explaining the situation.

My mum has just commented on why it goes to answerphone after 2 rings - if only she knew!!!

Hang in there and I am sure the solution which is right for you will become apparent very soon

Good luck

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:06 am
Missy

Just in case I don't get you tomorrow, I have looked at the confirmed figures this evening, and don't thnk that MBNA will be a problem. We are about 2 weeks away from finalising your case, so nearly there now.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

missy80

Post by missy80 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:00 am
Thank you, that's good to hear.

Julie

Post by Julie » Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:32 pm
Good news about the savings account missy80, well done [;)]

I hope you're feeling less stressed now - you really are in safe hands with Melanie.

xx
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”