Kinsgate insolvency taken over by Vanguard Insolvency & PPI issue tossed around

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
rob883
by rob883 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:11 pm
Hi, I have completed an IVA 4 + years ago with Kinsgate insolvency and I have received my certificate of completion some time ago. I recently was contacted by Black Horse (one of the companies I had a loan with) to say I was entitled to compensation for PPI, and I would receive this in 30 days. I never received this but I thought as everyone is very busy with this It may take time, eventually I contacted Blackhorse and they advised me that the compensation has been paid to Vanguard Insolvency...............I have never heard of this company so I called them and they said that they have taken over from Kinsgate and have paid the compensation back to Black Horse. So my question is that as I have never instructed Vanguard insolvency to act on my behalf can they do that? I signed the documents for Kinsgate to see me through the IVA which I completed.

Please Advise
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:49 pm
Unfortunately PPI is paid to your creditors as it was an asset during your IVA.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:52 pm
Vanguard should have paid the PPI to you as they seem to have no interest in it -- as Kallis says, technically it belongs to the creditors but I imagine the old Kingsgate records are archived and it isn't worth the trouble to dig it all out. Contact Balck Horse and tell them that Vanguard had no interest and repaid the money to them --- ask that it now be issued direct to you.
3 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”