Land registry

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
IVAconfused75
by IVAconfused75 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:00 am
Hi
So, I've settled my IVA in December. I haven't heard anything more from Payplan since then. Still waiting for my certificate.
I've looked on this forum and there's a overview of the IVA process, but not one for when you are leaving it.
I understand you receive a completion certificate that there is no further financial interest in you, but what about the Land registry that you have to sign over? Surely if you sign it formally over, shouldn't the process be reversed or similar? as it's a very important part and attachment to being in an IVA.
When/how do you know you have back control of this?

Thanks.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:50 am
IVAconfused75 wrote:
Hi
So, I've settled my IVA in December. I haven't heard anything more from Payplan since then. Still waiting for my certificate.
I've looked on this forum and there's a overview of the IVA process, but not one for when you are leaving it.
I understand you receive a completion certificate that there is no further financial interest in you, but what about the Land registry that you have to sign over? Surely if you sign it formally over, shouldn't the process be reversed or similar? as it's a very important part and attachment to being in an IVA.
When/how do you know you have back control of this?

Thanks.

Nothing is signed over on an RX1 -- it merely places a restriction on the property so that, if you attempt to sell, the IP is informed. This is lifted by the IP as part of the completion process at his end, by submitting an RX4 to Land Registry. That said, sometimes this is overlooked, so always best to enquire, first of the IP to jog his memory, and, second, by getting a copy of your title from LR a few months after completion.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:34 am
I agree with Foggy - always best to check following the issue of the Completion certificate as it is often overlooked sadly.

Regards
IVAconfused75
by IVAconfused75 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:07 am
Thanks for your info. I will do that.
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:49 am
I agree with previous comments, you should be able to obtain a copy of the land registry directly from them - I think the cost to you directly is £6
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”