Life after an IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Strapped
by Strapped » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:10 pm
Good Evening All,

It's been a long time since I have looked at this forum but as i have a friend who is struggling with their debt at the moment i thought i would pop back as I have recommended they take a look at this forum so they can realise many people are in the same boat as they are.
I can tell you what I told them. Deciding to use an IVA Was the best decision I made and also one of the hardest but once I made it I could feel the weight lift from my shoulders and instantly could see light at the end of the tunnel. It was tough at times but I don't regret it one bit. I am now looking at moving home and it feels great.
Take advantage of the kind understanding experts on this forum as although I didn't post a lot just reading the posts and comments helped me through.
I wish you all the best of luck! :D
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:42 pm
Hi Strapped -- coming up for around 6 years now ! How's are you finding it ? All good I hope.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:20 pm
Good to hear from you - time has passed quickly ! Its 11 years since our IVA started this September - does not seem possible !
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:19 am
Good to hear from you - hope your friend comes on here, has a good look round and asks for any advice they need.
Radish
by Radish » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:36 pm
Totally echo your words. My own IVA was the best thing I ever did. Only thing I would tall anyone is about a level of consistency throughout it and not make mistakes that I did - from my own experience, I had a marriage break up, moved house three times and had tax credits stop in the middle of it, Made my IVA an adventure and a challenge (putting it nicely). Had my lifestyle remained the same all the way through - it would have been easier as mine nearly failed several times. Does not have to be a bad experience like mine was - but I still say, despite all this...It was the best thing I ever did. Debt freedom is the best feeling when you have been there.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:08 am
They should explore all options as IVAs are not necessarily the best option for everyone, it really depends on their whole set of circumstances.

For example if BKY is the better option and they have sufficient funds they will only pay contributions for 3 years when compared to standard 'Protocol' IVAs they are fixed for at least 5 years (Other IVA terms more flexible).
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”