Looking for advice regarding completed IVA

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
1nch
by 1nch » Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:34 am
Wondering if you anyone could offer me some advice in regards to my completed IVA?

I entered into an IVA in 2008 for 6 years and the IVA was successfully completed in 2014. Within my IVA were 4 student loans relating to years 1995, 1996,1998 & 1999 and I've checked the paperwork and all of these were all listed in the IVA document (the total of the student loan debts combined was around 12% of the IVA total debt).

Recently I have been receiving voicemails and now a letter from a company called Allied Credit Ltd in which it refers to the 1999 student loan. I'm unsure whether to speak to them to advise of the above, or simply ignore them as it's now coming up to 10 years since the start of the IVA and the debt would now unenforceable. I understand that the government changed the IVA rules for student loans so that they are now excluded but I've read online that this was effective from 2009, after my IVA was in place.

I moved addresses in 2010 but assumed as all credit accounts etc were closed following the IVA I didn't need to contact anyone to advise of my address change, other than the company who were managing my IVA.

Please could you advise what the best way to proceed would be?

Thank you

Carl.
Michael Peoples
Industry Expert
Contact
by Michael Peoples » Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:18 am
You should engage with the debt company and then provide details of the IVA. Some student loans were included within IVAs for a time so your IP should be able to tell which ones were included and received a dividend and which ones were not.
2 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”