Maternity leave and CreditFix

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
4 posts Page 1 of 1

Missmoo84

Post by Missmoo84 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:04 pm
I started an iva with creditfix and I am due to go off on maternity leave next month. I have phoned to ask how this works at I will be down £800 a month approx and won’t be able to make the same payments. They haven’t been helpful at all and just ended up in tears as I don’t need it at the min. I am being told I need to wait until my money drops down then send in 3 months pay slips and bank statements again, I only did this in July and nothing is changing bar my pay when it does, my outgoings will still be the same; it seems pointless plus I would love to know how I am expected to wait until my pay drops to send in the pay slips etc as then I won’t be able to afford the payment? I get they need proof it is dropping but they should have to allow for the fact that once it drops then it’s too late for me regarding amending the payment amount - has anyone been through this with creditfix? I thought they were really good at the start but the aftercare so far isn’t good at all :(

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:33 pm
The simplest way, for all concerned is to agree a three month payment break with CF for the start of maternity pay, which will be tacked back on at the end. This will give you three months in which to arrange a review to see what happens to your ongoing payments without the pressure of making payments you cannot afford.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

Missmoo84

Post by Missmoo84 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:40 pm
Thanks, they won’t even comment on anything just keep saying nothing can be amended or change until my pay drops it’s so worrying

abbiesmum2003

Post by abbiesmum2003 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 8:29 pm
Sorry you are having this upset.
I was already pregnant when we emtered our IVA so the whole thing was set up with that in mind.
We paid a higher rate while I was on paid maternity leave, then when it dropped we had a break then when I was back at work and paying childcare we had a different rate which it stayed at for the rest of our term. but that was already in place and was put to creditors from the very start amd as Foggy says our iva actually lasted 63 months due to the break.
I dont see why CF are bring so awkward. Thats a big drop in pay so common sense tells you it will be diffocult to continue meeting payment.Hope you grt it sorted, ypu shouldnt have to deal with this at this stage. Best of luck with rest of pregnancy and the birth.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”