MBNA, BARCLAYS AND TESCO

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Itsallouttherenow
by Itsallouttherenow » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:28 pm
Does anyone have experience of how MBNA, Barclays and Tesco usually vote?
Myself and husband are applying for an interlocking IVA. These three are Our biggest creditors holding over 25% each so their votes are crucial.
Also. As it is an interlocking IVA. How are the percentages calculated? We both have debt with each of these companies so are the balances added together or percentages allocated individually?
Confused myself there!
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:55 am
You both have to receive votes totalling 75% of your debt for it to be approved I believe. If one gets and the other one doesn't then that persons IVA will be doubt - we had all three of those creditors and they voted in favour of our iva.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:03 am
Although your IVAs are interlocking, they are still two different IVA's. Your IVA will list your creditors and his will list his creditors. There will be effectively two meetings, one for each IVA. Both Tesco and MBNA voted yes to our IVA's
Mrs_Brown
by Mrs_Brown » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:35 am
I had Barclaycard, they voted yes, MBNA voted yes but with a modification. The IP used their discretion to reject it as they were a low percentage of my overall and I had 76% even with them as a no.
moira717
by moira717 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:59 pm
All 3 of those were my biggest creditors and all voted yes. Good luck
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”