Merry Christmas

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Oya
by Oya » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:19 am
Hi all.. Nearly a year ago I managed to admit myself that I had a serious debt problem. And acted immediately and luckily everything went well and I signed for Iva and said goodbye my 11 credit cards and 2 store card and the very account. Luckily with my 12 old daughters great support so far We are doing great. But Christmas was one of my biggest worry as over past years there were tons of presents under the tree and I did not want to disappoint my daughter this year. So started saving up every little penny (yes I managed to save) from my allowance by using vouchers,discounts from shops especially on food shopping.,and try to visit local Waitrose and m&s after 3 pm as most of fresh product are much cheaper.
We decided not to set up the Christmas teee this year so we don’t feel upset no more fancy packed prensents under it.
So All the little pennies came together and I managed to gave my daughter a shopping spree day and a nice lunch yesterday. She was very happy and I was very proud of myself to manage to give as good Christmas to my daughter without a credit card or an overdraft on my bank account.
I will be off to food shopping today with gift vouchers I received from my work,colleagues and friends.
If anyone reads my post not in Iva yet but considering but having doubts, it is not the worst thing happen to you. It is the best decision i have ever made last 10 years in my life. I am having the best sleeps and I have lots of hope for future. Stepchange is so supportive and I know I can turn to them if I am having any difficulty.
Sorry for a very long post. I had so much support from lovely people in this forum and just wanted them to know I am doing well. Thank you for being there for me,for us..
God bless you all, Merry Christmas and have a happy new year :)
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:27 am
Lovely post Oya - glad you are managing ok. Merry Christmas to you and your family as well. Hope next year is as good.
Oya
by Oya » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:47 am
kallis3 wrote:
Lovely post Oya - glad you are managing ok. Merry Christmas to you and your family as well. Hope next year is as good.

Thank you so much kallis :D
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Dec 23, 2017 11:09 am
Lovely post ---- Christmas in an IVA is managable with a little planning ... next years will be even better x

Have a great Christmas, Oya and family, and a wonderful 2018.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:21 pm
It is a challenge but with careful pllanning it can be done - well done
moira717
by moira717 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 3:42 pm
Merry Christmas oya ! Like you I have gone back to basics this Christmas. I am just happy I will be spending Christmas with the people I love (am a nurse so my first xmas off in 8 years) doesn't matter what is or isn't under the tree, half of it never gets used! This Christmas has been very tight but I don't have to worry about bills in January! Wonder how many people this Christmas are terrified of opening those January bills. All our families really want for us is to be happy and stress free. Have a lovely Christmas and I wish you all the best for the new year. Xxx
recovering
by recovering » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:53 pm
Merry Christmas to you all. Hopefully this is my last one in an IVA! Not my last one working it sll unfortunately!!!
Oya
by Oya » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:10 pm
Foggy wrote:
Lovely post ---- Christmas in an IVA is managable with a little planning ... next years will be even better x

Have a great Christmas, Oya and family, and a wonderful 2018.

Thank you very much Foggy you and your family enjoy Christmas as well .. :)
Oya
by Oya » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:11 pm
luluj wrote:
It is a challenge but with careful pllanning it can be done - well done

Thank you so much .. I am proud of myself.. I never thought I could do this :)
Oya
by Oya » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:15 pm
moira717 wrote:
Merry Christmas oya ! Like you I have gone back to basics this Christmas. I am just happy I will be spending Christmas with the people I love (am a nurse so my first xmas off in 8 years) doesn't matter what is or isn't under the tree, half of it never gets used! This Christmas has been very tight but I don't have to worry about bills in January! Wonder how many people this Christmas are terrified of opening those January bills. All our families really want for us is to be happy and stress free. Have a lovely Christmas and I wish you all the best for the new year. Xxx

The best part of having an Iva I nearly forgot my postman’s face :) not that he has a horrible face but never liked him keep coming with those handful of bills :)
I am glad you are doing well as well moira.. I have 2 weeks break as I am working in a school so it will be lots of rest for me.. have a great Christmas:)
Oya
by Oya » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:17 pm
recovering wrote:
Merry Christmas to you all. Hopefully this is my last one in an IVA! Not my last one working it sll unfortunately!!!

I am still soooooo far away for that feeling.. well done for nearly completing yours. Have a great Christmas:)
recovering
by recovering » Sat Dec 23, 2017 8:50 pm
:) :) :P Believe me I never thought I’d get here!!!
I’m sure all the forum members needed a lot of patience when I first started :P
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:01 pm
We've all been there recovering! Most of us needed a lot of help and support along the way.
13 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”