Middlebrooks?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
clairea
by clairea » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:12 am
Hi, my CAB have recommended an IVA and I have been talking to a few companies. I liked the advisor at one, felt he was really supportive, but haven't heard of the people they use for IVA, Middlebrooks. There isn't much info on them from normal people on Google like there is about Stepchange. I know Stepchange are better known but it felt impersonal like a call centre so I want to go with the smaller IVA company but just don't know anything about their IP. Has anyone got any experience of Middlebrooks?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:42 am
Not a firm I have come across. Stepchange appear to run an IVA well, but, as you say, are very impoersonal and I would be worried about the assistance you might get if you ran into difficulties (they also used to have a tendency to "cherry pick" and pass others onto another firm). In my experience they tend to cut the cloth a little too close to the edge when arriving at an affordable payment too.

I would suggest a look around the forum, where you will find mention of the good and the bad ( and possibly the ugly :-) ).
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:54 am
I've not heard of them either. I would also suggest looking at another firm.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:13 pm
It appears they do have their own IP and have an office in Manchester as well as in Scotland.
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:54 pm
Why not talk to one of the experts on this site who come highly recommended, there are a few firms, including some smaller ones.
Keith White
Industry Expert
by Keith White » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:15 pm
Hi, Middlebrooks come highly recommended. They are personal, available and have a growing reputation. We are involved with them a lot and seem to provide a very good service.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”