Mis-selling of mortgage/tax code

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1
sam499
by sam499 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:39 pm
my IVA was recently changed to another IP and they are making things difficult for me. my iva should have been finalised in March but they have extended it for a further year. but more worryingly is the requests they are making from me to look into mis selling of ppi which i have done, now they want to look into mis selling of mortgage and my tax code for the previous 4 years. the problem that I have is that I think the company's that they are using are subsidiaries of the ip company surely this is a conflict of interests on their behalf.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:52 pm
I assume the extra year is because you are a homeowner and this is in respect of equity release. If so this is standard and is written into the agreement. If not -- have they said why ?
PPI, again. is standard. Mortgages and tax codes I feel are just going too far --- where will this end ??
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:59 am
It's awful - I see the latest one is medical mistakes!
abbiesmum2003
by abbiesmum2003 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:01 am
Im no expert in these things but because PPi deadline is looming, are they looking into other avenues of claiming additional funds to pay into IVA such as mortgage ppi and medical claims???
just a thought as i imagine lots of extra has come from PPI over the years.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:42 am
All of them should be stopped - it just lines others pockets.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:40 am
abbiesmum2003 wrote:
Im no expert in these things but because PPi deadline is looming, are they looking into other avenues of claiming additional funds to pay into IVA such as mortgage ppi and medical claims???
just a thought as i imagine lots of extra has come from PPI over the years.

I agree -- but there has to be a check of "reasonableness" on what and when to claim, otherwise they could keep IVA's open for years chasing spurious rainbows !

Mis - sold mortgages ... maybe. Medical claims --- pushing it -- apart from forcing people to endanger relationships with current providers. But what next ? Was your holiday flight 2 hours late three years ago ? Self- employed ? Re-submit accounts for the last 7 years. Benefits ??? have you been underpaid for the last 7 years (we know some have) ? Phone contracts is about to hit the fan ..... paying for the handset after the contracted period is up. Was I given enough pockey money as a kid ?

Apologies -- this has annoyed me .......... I am going to go and check my shopping receipts since 2010 :roll: :roll:
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:22 am
It's annoying me as well - along with life insurance, funeral,plans and leave money in your will for everybody!
abbiesmum2003
by abbiesmum2003 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:15 pm
completely agree with you Foggy! Its getting ridiculous!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”