Modifications - still confused after 2 yrs

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
54 posts Page 3 of 4

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:04 pm
I know Antoinette very well - she used to work for me at one of my previous firms and is an excellent IP. I am sure that she will be able to help, and knowing her she may even reply to you on a Sunday.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:15 pm
Thanks for that too - I was a bit worried I might be in trouble for contacting an IP direct.
Also feel abit naive for questioning this so far in to our IVA. Now we feel that the success of completing our IVA will happen, we just dont want anything nasty to appear at the end.
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:33 pm
Hope you can get it sorted Lyns.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:58 pm
Thank you Jan - Ive set the ball rolling with an email, so will let you know how we get on.

I really wish I could stop stressing about our IVA, going into our 3rd year, we want to make sure we successfully get to the end!
Final IVA payment made in April 2013, never ever thought we could do it or get through it but we did! X

An IVA.co.uk Mentor is someone sharing from their experiences of dealing with debt

Lyns x

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:08 pm
Don't be worried about contacting your IP directly - this is your right as a client, and without clients we would not get paid!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

plasticdaft

Forum Expert

Post by plasticdaft » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:27 pm
as Mel says dont fret about contacting an IP directly,fingers crossed you get things cleared up soon.

Paul
Discharged today the 8th feb 2012. View is much brighter now.
Continuing to rebuild our credit worthiness.

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:30 am
Hi - I dont know if the BE Rep has been on here lately. But Ive had no reply from my email over 2 weeks ago.
With it been the summer holidays, Im difficult to get hold of but have had no messages left on phones. (my house phone doesnt work when internet plugged in but it will take messages).

Lyns x

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:12 am
Hi forum,
Yesterday I received a letter asking me to contact them regarding this matter as they have been unable to speak to me.
Which I find abit odd, as Ive had no missed calls or emails or messages left on the answer phone over the past 3 months since my email.
I will be phoning them monday as I doubt the person they are asking me to phone direct (not my IP) probably does not work weekends.
Will let you know how I get on.

Lyns x

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:08 pm
HI MrsKnight, this seems to be taking an awful long time to sort out, did you ever get any contact with your IP? I am with the same company as you and reading your posts made me go and look at our modifications. They seem OK and understandable apart form one which I will contact BE about on Monday
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

Broke of London

Post by Broke of London » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:29 pm
Good luck Mrs Knight and I hope you get your modification and allowances sorted out. Every day is a school day re my iva and I'm sure I'll still have questions the day I finish!

Shining

Post by Shining » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:56 am
All the best Lyns, I hope it's sorted very soon. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:59 am
Good luck Lyns. With a bit of luck BE will pick up on this next week.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:32 am
Hi & Thank you - will let you know how I get on.

Hi Pandy, no Ive had no contact from anyone till this letter & they are asking me to contact someone other than my IP. I hope your mind has been put more at ease on your post "confused'.

Lyns x

Pandy

Post by Pandy » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:12 pm
Hi Mrs K, It is terrible that your IP has not even bothered to answer, we have the same IP. (Antoinette) Touch wood I never have the need to contact them.
Regarding my confused thread...
I still do not understand why the 2 paragraphs on the same page are so contradictory, I just hope when hubby's state pension gets paid and we up our payments it takes us over the minimum.
If life is what you make it, I must have been in a strange mood when I made mine

MrsKnight

Post by MrsKnight » Sun Nov 07, 2010 4:16 pm
I know Pandy, Ive never spoke to any of the IPs yet that have been with the firm, n my first account manager was terrible.
Have to say my second account manager was brilliant, I just hope he is still there. Ive no idea whom the person is that I have been asked to contact, Im hoping it is my account manager. But other than this Im doing ok, touch wood, n really want to get to the end of my IVA.
Ive read your confused post & it confused me! But I understand what Andy the forum expert was getting at, Im sure you will be fine.

Lyns x
54 posts Page 3 of 4
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”