More PPI?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Avril.pg
by Avril.pg » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:59 am
Having completed my IVA (six long eears) and receiving my certificate 8 months ago SHL are now writing to me asking me to fill in yet more forms for the Financial Ombudsman for the comission on a PPI claim. They have typed the answers on the form but I don't agree with what they have written and unfortunately although I complained to Aperture they have told me that if I don't co-operate they could reinstate my IVA. I have not signed a deed of assignment .The only thing I have agreed to was in the beginning and that was giving permission for EIC to claim PPI on my behalf. I signed nothing further and my certificate was issued within 4 months of my final payment. Where do I stand? It just fills me with dread as I thought this was all behind me.When I queried the time frame for my certificate I also asked if there was any outstanding PPI and was told NO
ginger3242
by ginger3242 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:45 am
It may due the cut off date for claiming PPI.-vthey are all trying to get some extra money.
A recent court case outlined that the PPI belongs to creditors despite the time after the completion certificate being issued.

Must admit - i dislike the threats being issued about reinstating the IVA.

Personal i would sign the forms for the PPI - but with added and signed corrections on the form ("Incorrect information") send it back to them - either way you never gonna see any of this money.

You have done the hard bit !!! -- time to put it all to bed !!!!
ginger3242
by ginger3242 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:58 am
Misread your post slighty -- only when you feel the information is inaccurate and incorrect - sign as /incorrect and alter it
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:29 am
Bottom line, the PPI is not yours. They are making last ditch, multiple claims becayse of the looming cut off date and the fact that the banks have, in the past, refused valid claims and the Ombudsman has ordered they submit to new claims.

As Ginger says, alter the forms to reflect the truth and send them back ... there is more angst being spent worrying and fighting this than there should be.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:59 am
Dinger??????????? :D
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:07 am
kallis3 wrote:
Dinger??????????? :D

Ginger ! LOL --- edited accordingly