mortage payments might get less!

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
23 posts Page 2 of 2

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:20 pm
I'm not a fan of rugby either and our house is a football free zone![:D]
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

baldy

Post by baldy » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:51 pm
I know i have posted quite a few questions on here! The people sorting the IVA are very good in answering all my questions that i put to them, but i really like to hear how other experts see things and i had learnt loads from this site just by reading everybodys questions and experts answers.
With regards to our proposal i have gone through it as carefully as i can and i do fully understand what is required of me and my lovely wife so i do feel much better about it.
We are going to be called by the cccsva just to go over anything we might not understand tommorow and then sign it and send it back and wait for the next stage!
It feels like its going to be along time but i guess it will soon go if everything has been sorted out properley(ie you can live within your budget!!) so just hope we get both proposals excepted as its a interlocking IVA.
Anyway thanks for all your answers up to this stage and will let you all know how the next stage goes!

size5

Industry Expert

Post by size5 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 2:55 pm
Taking the day off Friday to veg out and watch the Ryder Cup. What is there not to like about any opportunity we get to spank the yanks?

Regards.
Cert DR
23+ years in debt advice
I do not post for anyone other than myself

Follow my tweets at http://twitter.com/debtmastersize5

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 3:42 pm
Baldy, as long as you are happy with the proposal and the company then go with it. We're always here for you.

Size5 - have fun with the golf at the weekend - I'd rather be at work![:)]
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Oct 01, 2010 1:18 am
I was at the gala dinner in Cardiff last night Mike as a guest - and spent the whole evening celebrity stalking! Will share my tales with you when we meet up at Xmas.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

Adam Davies

Post by Adam Davies » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:29 am
Hi
Mel, with protocol compliant IVAs would any uplift from car HP, for example, be treated under the 50/50 rule rather than the whole amount added to payments ?
Regards
Andam Davies

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:24 pm
Any reduction in expenditure, which then creates more disposable income is treated under the 50/50 rule - so the monthly payments moving forwards would be set at 50% of the increased DI. The 10/50/50 calculation is only done on earned income.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

baldy

Post by baldy » Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:24 pm
Thanks very much for your info Melanie regarding the future change in mortage payments.It will be intresting to see how things work out next June when they change(go down)

One thing what was put to me was that if our payments went up we would look to our creditors to except a reduction in our payments, so we should not always expect things to work in our favour!

I guess we will just have to wait and see the outcome which i will post on here.
23 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”