Mortgage advice please

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
8 posts Page 1 of 1

claire876

Post by claire876 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:46 pm
My IVA completed at the end of May, the credit Reference Agencies reports are all noted as completed as does the insolvency register. I have seen a property I would like to purchase at £120,000 my parents have offered to give me £30,000 so that’s a 25% deposit.
I would be a first time buyer, I need to move for a new start (personal reasons) and I’m currently renting. I earn £40k a year. Are there any lenders that would consider me? All I have looked online at the criteria and sub prime lenders seem to want me to have completed for a year before they will consider me for a mortgage. It’s really disappointing and disheartening I’ve not defaulted on anything since my IVA and I am now earning substantially more than when I entered my IVA, which I know know was a mistake I should have done a dmp instead.

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:55 pm
A DMP could still be ongoing for many years after an IVA would have finished, and the creditors can register late payments and defaults for decades .... however, what is done is done --- time to look forward.....

I suggest a chat with Ryan and / or Shaun, who are both brokers with experience of adverse credit applications. Thier details can be gleaned from their respective profiles:

Ryan: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=18488
Shaun: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=22837
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

claire876

Post by claire876 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 9:15 pm
I guess your right. As you said what’s done is done now.
It was a huge relief to finally complete my IVA and get my certificate. I’m just feeling extremely frustrated and disheartened after an independent financial adviser has told me he cannot find a mortgage and I need to wait at least a year. But I need to move asap and my parents have kindly offered to give me what I believe is a substantial amount of money to buy a house, and I still can’t move on.
I shall contact them on Monday to discuss. Thank you!

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:18 pm
Message Ryan and his team tonight ..they will pick it up in the morning and will advise you. You have a good deposit against cost of house so hopefully they will be able to some positivity for you.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Ryan

Industry Expert

Post by Ryan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:35 am
As Foggy says a DMP can have a much longer term adverse effect on mortgage ability as the defaults can be registered at anytime whereas with the IVA the defaults should all have the IVA start date recorded against them.

Regards
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page

claire876

Post by claire876 » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:47 pm
Thanks Ryan. I’ve tried phoning you and sent a message through your webpage.

Ryan

Industry Expert

Post by Ryan » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:58 pm
Hi Claire,

I'm not in the Office today but my colleague Mike has replied to you - he's available on the Office number (01582 450000) if that's easier for you.

Regards
Ryan Radford
IVA Mortgage Expert
Zebra Money Centre

IVA Mortgage advice needed?

Contact me at http://www.ivamortgageexpert.co.uk or via the expert page

Mortgagesteve

Post by Mortgagesteve » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:11 pm
Hi Claire,
**Edited out as direct solicitation is not allowed **

Regards
Steve