Mortgage for me when husband has IVA

4 posts Page 1 of 1

bl00dytypical

Post by bl00dytypical » Tue Aug 10, 2010 2:58 pm
Hi there,

I was wondering if someone could help please.

I am looking at getting a mortgage with my father in law and his partner for a property but because I still have a mortgage with my husband I am showing as financially linked to him and am therefore being turned down (even though the current mortgage I have will be paid off if this new mortgage goes ahead).

Can anyone point me in the direction of someone who can help.

We have £170,000 deposit to put down on a property of £420,000 for which we want mortgage of £250,000.

We earn £66,000 between the three of us so we should be able to get the mortgage it is just the fact that at present I am financially linked to my husband.

I am stuck in catch 22. Can anybody help me with a really good mrotgage broker who would be able to sort this as I going through one at the moment who doesn't seem to be getting anywhere!!

Sarah

Shining

Post by Shining » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:49 pm
Hi there, I don't know much about mortgages but hopefully one of our professionals will be along very soon so we'll keep this bumped up for their professional advice. x
IVA final payment left the bank on the 26th January 2013...looking forward to a debt free future.

Andrew Graveson

Post by Andrew Graveson » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:53 pm
Hi there,

The linking of the credit files seems understandable given that you have a joint mortgage with your husband.

Some mortgage advisers have links with individuals within the mortgage lenders that can help to overcome issues that can be rectified with a little common sense.

Perhaps it's worth trying two or three more brokers locally to see whether they can help you.
Andrew Graveson
Bright Oak Ltd
UK Debt Management Company

bl00dytypical

Post by bl00dytypical » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:56 am
Thanks for your advice Andrew.
4 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “mortgages”