Mortgage possibilities?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
jacqui518
by jacqui518 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:18 am
I entered into an IVA Jan 2012, I completed it Jan of this year and have received my completion certificate, I am now waiting for it to drop off my credit file before I start looking at getting a mortgage.

I currently have saved £10,000 in a lifetime ISA, I’m just not to sure how much of a deposit I need to be aiming for? Also, just to make things more complicated I work for the NHS and hire my car through a salary sacrifice scheme so my wage is reduced.. when I have a look at mortgage calculators it doesn’t give an option for this so was wondering if anyone has any ideas of where I can look? I was thinking of contacting a mortgage broker but assumed it was too early?

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:44 am
Have a chat with Ryan and / or Shaun. Their details can be found via their profiles here: memberlist.php?mode=team (They are in yellow, towards the bottom of the list). Better not to apply until your credit files are clear, but they can tell you what ground work you can be doing in readiness.
Ryan
Industry Expert
Contact
by Ryan » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:18 am
Hi Jacqui,

We've certainly been able to assist others in similar situations.

Regards
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:03 am
I presume the £10k in the ISA was disclosed as part of your IVA assets or accrued since the IVA finished?
Shaun Vickery
Industry Expert
Contact
by Shaun Vickery » Thu Oct 04, 2018 12:51 pm
It's certainly not too soon to start looking at it as often there's some preparatory work to do, particularly relating to your credit file, but also this will enable you to establish what is likely to be available.
5 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”