Moving house

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
9 posts Page 1 of 1

Jessie91

Post by Jessie91 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:42 pm
Hi everyone little advice please.
Currently in a iva with Creditfix, my house has so many issues and landlord isn’t bothered my rent is £650 a month, me and my husband want to move and found a property to rent for £690 as that’s the cheapest we have seen. Obviously my concerns are the rent is higher which Creditfix may not allow if I speak to them in advance.
Would this be allowed?

magicsam

Post by magicsam » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:48 pm
My rent increased from £500 - £575 over the lifetime of my IVA and it was never an issue with my IP, they just adjusted my I&E to accomodate it.

Jessie91

Post by Jessie91 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 12:50 pm
Oh really? That’s my worry I keep explaining to my husband as it’s just me in the iva that I can’t go anymore than our rent now, they won’t accept it due to my payments to the iva may lower and I don’t want to be in trouble. Of course I would ring Creditfix in advance to inform them every step if this is to happen. But thank you for commenting so I know someone else has been in this spot as me.

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:23 pm
Small fluctuations can be accommodated. Much will depend on your current dividend / payment level and how low your current payment is.

But, be aware, that you may fail a credit check on a new rental, so get that sorted first, before giving notice to your current landlord.
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

Jessie91

Post by Jessie91 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:33 pm
I’m aware my credit check would fail for me it’s always been my husband that does the credit check when we rent (estate agents) so he’s the main person. But we have seen some private landlords advertising which we would prefer. We haven’t done anything yet just enquiring would a rent increase be possible. I currently pay £92 pm for 5 years to Creditfix. And I just don’t want to mess up my payments to them due to if I move: doing my best to find the same price per month for a new home but seems everything has gone up.

Foggy

Forum Expert

Post by Foggy » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:38 pm
To be honest £92 per month is pretty much as low as your payments could get and still be viable ---- they might reduce them but ask for another year or so to be added. Otherwise it would be a case of juggling current allowances and sacrificing a few quid from other allowances ( food, petrol, etc.).
My opinions are merely that .. opinions based on experience. Always seek professional advice.
IVA Completed 23rd July 2013 .... C.C. 10th January 2014
http://foggy.blogs.iva.co.uk

Jessie91

Post by Jessie91 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:49 pm
Oh okay that makes sense, which I’d rather just stick to what they have given me as I’m just starting to adjust to that. I’ll either hang it out tad longer when I am and look for somewhere else the same price range. Thank you for commenting

luluj

Forum Expert

Post by luluj » Tue Mar 10, 2020 8:35 pm
Great advice from foggy - if you can get a private landlord I personally would go for the house move now - your happiness is important and in the iva especially when you are budgeting tightly home life has to be the best it can be - if you can juggle your finances to find the extra money each month go with it !
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt

There is a solution for everyone .... Just need to stay positive !

Look at my blog "All I wanted was a baby"

Jessie91

Post by Jessie91 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:57 am
Thank you Luluj for your kind words your right when it comes to happiness especially when I have nearly 2 year old and she deserves a better home then we have. We currently did find a private landlord that wanted higher rent than we pay now but that was my worry, would it be allowed.
9 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”