My BR to date

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
20 posts Page 2 of 2

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:05 pm
It seems a long time since you took the first step, but so glad that all went smoothly for you. Hope the dogs are all OK and I hope you will continue making the occasional post.
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

kallis3

Forum Expert

Post by kallis3 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 9:14 pm
Don't forget the ferrets Mel!

Let us know how things are going Dave.
Sharing from experiences of dealing with debt
The greatness of a man is not in how much wealth he acquires, but in his integrity and his ability to affect those around him positively.
Bob Marley.
http://kallis3.blogs.iva.co.uk

scirocco

Post by scirocco » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:01 pm
Thank you all. Sitting here on Michael's latest advice partaking of a 'cold one'.

Dogs, and ferrets, are all well Mel. Merlin lost another of his cat's lives tonight when he chased a rabbit onto the road and a speeding car misssed him by the length of his whiskers.

It has been a journey and a half foe me. If I was to be asked if I had learned anything it would be that the little money in my pocket is worth a lot more than any amount bricks and mortar. The saying goes, 'One cannot buy a loaf with a house brick' seems very apt for me.

To be debt free is one thing, but I still have a hefty mortgage as I used to believe that the size of the roof over my head was important.

Now the only monetary thing that matters to me is that I continue to pay my mortgage until such time as I can own my home outright. Interest rates and market values will rise and fall and they won't affect me if I don't get caught up in chasing rainbows again.
Dave

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion

MelanieGiles

Industry Expert
Post by MelanieGiles » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:47 pm
And the very best of luck to you on that journey Dave!
Regards, Melanie Giles, Insolvency Practitioner

ontheroad

Post by ontheroad » Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:49 am
Well done Dave and the very best for the future, also dont worry about the meeting with the O/R they are not scary either, the main thing really is to be well prepared, have as much info available as you can and that should run smoothly as well.
20 posts Page 2 of 2
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”