My brother living in poland has offered help. Will he have to open currency a/c?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
katarzyna
by katarzyna » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:31 pm
I am currently on IVA with 2 years towards the end of it. Paying 401£ per months. I was told that we have approx 12.5k left to pay. My brother is willing to help us out and put a offer to our creditors of 9.5k. I have couple of questions: will this be enough? I am aware that he Would have to present a statement and prove that he has got such amount of money available on his account. He live in Poland where currency is “Zloty”. Would this currency be enough to show ? Or he has to open a currency account?
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:46 pm
If you have 2 years left --- 24 payments ---- the creditors are only expecting to get another £5040 not £12.5k !

Did you ask for a figure to settle the IVA ?
katarzyna
by katarzyna » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:16 pm
Foggy wrote:
If you have 2 years left --- 24 payments ---- the creditors are only expecting to get another £5040 not £12.5k !

Hello,

Thank you for your response:) 24x401 is actually 9.624£. I just checked my documents and it’s approx 2.5 years left to complete the IVA.

I Would like to know what would be the realistic figure to offer and how to present the statement from my Brother to show that he has got the money which he would like to offer as a gift but these are on his polish account at the moment hence we would like to know how to proceed with that.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:00 pm
katarzyna wrote:
Foggy wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your response:) 24x401 is actually 9.624£. I just checked my documents and it’s approx 2.5 years left to complete the IVA.

I Would like to know what would be the realistic figure to offer and how to present the statement from my Brother to show that he has got the money which he would like to offer as a gift but these are on his polish account at the moment hence we would like to know how to proceed with that.

Ah -- sorry -- I misread the figure as £210 for some reason -- apologies.

I would say an offer around £10k would have a good chance -- but, considering you will have made a couple more payments of £401 before the offer is accepted, the £9.5k might do it.
I am sure the IP will be happy with a statement in Zloty and, when the offer is accepted he can make an international transfer direct to the IP.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:51 am
Make sure the company knows it is for a full and final offer and if not accepted the money will not be available.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:47 am
Here is my quick video on F&Fs:

https://youtu.be/h4dozq9aGak
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”