My car was written off. I replaced it with a more reliable one. Is this OK ?

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
6 posts Page 1 of 1
emma607
by emma607 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:44 am
Hi, im.currently in an iva. I declared my car at proposal stage but since been in m accident where my car for written off. I received payout from insurance to get a like for like model. As I drive quite e a way to work and have to take my boy to nursery and soon school, I now have a car that's of higher value that's more reliable and economical and doesn't affect my IVA payments. Is this acceptable?h
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:59 am
This should be OK, but your IP would have preferred, no doubt, to be kept in the loop. After all, a more reliable car means a lower likelyhood of expensive breakdowns which would have to be paid for somehow.
emma607
by emma607 » Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:33 am
Thanks for your reply Foggy. I understand that, but everything has happened so quickly and with working and all the stress that comes with looking after a 3yr old single handedly too and my parents not k owing anything about my IVA, they just wanted to make sure I had a more economical reliable car for the distance I travel. Hopefully my IP will see that it's not a luxury item and as you say there won't be any expensive breakdown costs etc with a more reliable car. :D
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:54 am
If the additional amount of money towards the car was a "gift" then it should not worry - if you had funded it then it may have been questioned how .... a reliable car will cost less in the long run as foggy suggests
emma607
by emma607 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:56 am
Thanks Lulu, the rest was funded as a gift yes. I have explained this thoroughly to my IP via email.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:59 am
Let us know how your IP responds
6 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”