My creditfix review is coming up soon

Get expert opinion. This is the place for new questions to be posted.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
paddington1
by paddington1 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:58 pm
My iva is in my name and not my husbands. we share a bank account where the bills are taken from and we both have our own personal accounts. creditfix say for my annual review, my husband will need to show his own personal bank account as well as joint account. Has anyone else had to do this? I know the joint account would be looked at but wasn't sure that his own personal account needed to be looked at as well.
also back in april this year my husbands parents gave him some money to help him pay off some credit card debt. will this be a problem? Should that money have gone directly to creditfix?
disneygal
by disneygal » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:58 pm
My creditfix review is coming up soon. Anyone give me some advise and tips with creditfix? My iva is my name only and not my husbands. will my husband need to provide bank statements? ALso my husband has his own debts but just credit cards, etc. He was given some money back in March to pay off some of his debts from his parents. Is he allowed to do this or does it have to be given to the iVA company. We didn't declare it because the IVA is in my name only and im panicking now about all possible failures, etc. ANY help will be appreciated. thanks. x
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:24 am
To ensure the I&E is set proportionally against your incomes your husband should provide confirmation of his earnings.
I personally do not agree that his bank statements are needed and would challenge this as how he spends his money is no one's business imo.
luluj
Forum Expert
Contact
by luluj » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:32 am
Your husbands finances are his own. If the iva is solely in your name then the money he was gifted is his own to do what he wishes with.
Creditfix will ask to clarify partners income as part of your review to ensure income and expenditure is set correctly based on % of income to household expenditure etc.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:33 am
As Luluj says -- his financial affairs are his own business and only of interest to help calculate the fair share of household expenses between you.
Foggy
Forum Expert
Contact
by Foggy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:39 am
As already said -- his money is his own affair. They are wantimg to verify his income to caculate the fair share of household expenses between you. He is under no complulsion to co-operate, in which case they should assume a 50/50 split.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:14 am
I would flatly refuse to divulge my partners financial information, as long as it can be seen you are paying at least 50% of the bills and outgoings then there is nothing in law that can make you pass his information to CF.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:16 am
p.s. And NO any monies your husband receives, from who ever is his business to do what he wants with it. Credit Fix have no hold over your Husband or his finances.
MerlinL14
by MerlinL14 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:18 am
CF can not fail your IVA because your husband refuses to divulge his financial affairs. They can 'demand' nothing from him.
kallis3
Forum Expert
Contact
by kallis3 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:48 am
Merged as duplicate posts.
Lisa Thomas
Industry Expert
Contact
by Lisa Thomas » Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:51 am
He doesn't have to give them evidence of his income and expenditure but if your husband earns less than you and you can prove it then this may support a position of you paying more than 50% share of joint expenses and therefore have less money for contributions into your IVA.

Without that they will have to assume 50:50 split, which may or may not put you in a worse position depending on what the actual split is.
11 posts Page 1 of 1
Return to “Ask IVA Forum and Industry experts”